Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Arizona Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: Arizona Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

We know have qbs not allowed to throw a pass.

Seems like regression.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    I don't know bro. There was one first down in the third quarter where a well coached qb would have audibled to a play action pass but we just ran straight into 8 guys.

Honestly have the feeling the coaches don't trust the receivers this year and that's on the coaches eh.
    Arizona looked gashed and like they couldn’t stop the run with 11 in the box at times. Then they did.

Welcome to being the hunted. NDSU was never the hunted against the FBS. Arizona is hungry and well coached.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    Arizona looked gashed and like they couldn’t stop the run with 11 in the box at times. Then they did.

Welcome to being the hunted. NDSU was never the hunted against the FBS. Arizona is hungry and well coached.
    I'm telling you that wasn't Bison football of old that we saw Saturday and some of us have seen this coming for a while eh.

Theses coaches don't even use timeouts. They out think themselves.

Hat off to the Arizona coach and the pac 12 eh.

Lardsin must go!

Henderson had a good sweep. Everyone is focused on the WR but you don’t have to outthink yourself. Feed Leupke 3 more times.
    Yeah, but. I would really like to see Leupke available and as near fully healthy as can be throughout the conference schedule and especially the playoffs. Was winning this game so vitally important that you would increase the odds of injuring your bell cow before you even enter conference play?

Frankly I don't know. Maybe a win in this game is worth more than another FCS trophy in the grand scheme as it relates to FBS aspirations. Maybe they don't need Hunter to win the MVFC. We have a lot of RB's. Perhaps another one of them could have been employed in this situation. T Williams is not a small body and had some success on Saturday night.

I'm telling you that wasn't Bison football of old that we saw Saturday and some of us have seen this coming for a while eh.

I think the Bison run roughshod over the rest of their schedule. I am not worried about Bison football. That's the 3rd season Arizona's OL has played together. Their DL is bigger and more athletic than anyone on the schedule and the Bison still did what they want for most of the game.

Feed Leupke 3 more times.
    Every commentary I've read wonders why they didn't stay with Leupke.

Said it earlier, but this loss hurts because we lost a game against someone in our own weightclass, not above and not below. Arizona was ready- we rag-dolled their defense the whole damn game, until we didnt. They made a stop and we didnt. They took us seriously and didnt make the big mistakes and got the W because of it.

It was clear in the post game press conference that our boys wanted to strap up and go another round with another fighter in their own weightclass. RIP to the featherweights on our schedule (literally everyone from here to the natty except SDSU). instead of getting their heads uppercutted into the catwalk in the 3rd quarter, it will now happen in the 2nd quarter, so I guess we have that to look forward to.

I think the Bison run roughshod over the rest of their schedule. I am not worried about Bison football. That's the 3rd season Arizona's OL has played together. Their DL is bigger and more athletic than anyone on the schedule and the Bison still did what they want for most of the game.
    I agree but that's some of the problem. Don't need to work on passing or getting other parts of the team better when you can just pound the rock with Luepke against a bunch of puds. Shit you could probably win an fcs championship with meat head coaches and this team.

Lardsin must go!

You know I'm retired but I hear that a lot of work is being done remotely these days and many fewer office dwellers are actually, you know, in the office. Given that I'm wondering if a) you've got any modern internet connectivity up there in the Turtles and if so then b) do you have any free cycles left between tractor and harvester sessions? Maybe you can work something out. Eh?

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    Need to play more discipline football - When you play a good team especially a FBS school you can't give them second chances.
    Our discipline has been shit since Entz took over. Too many STUPID penalties...
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]