Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Arizona Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: Arizona Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

The wide receivers got no separation all game and I'm worried that will be a season long trend. Mathis had 2 TDs against very bad competition but he and Sproles just aren't explosive athletes. Would love to see them get some of the youngsters in there, like Lance and Collins, and see if they can get open.

IMO, a super important play/mistake that is getting overlooked is Cam's slide on his scramble on the first drive. He had an easy first down had he not slid, but he did. That decision led to third and 1 1/2 (had he not slid, I think he gets the first by ~2-3 yards), which led to a false start, which led to a failed 4th down, which led to a short field for an Arizona TD. There was plenty of time and opportunity to recover from this mistake, but IMO, that turned out to be a potential 10 pt swing on one play.

Sucks that the FBS streak has ended. The slide, the fumble, the facemask on a 3rd down stop, the 4th down-hike-the-ball-back-five-yards-so-Payton-who-only-ever-runs-can-try-to-run-for-two, the screen on 3rd and long to Henderson...
    --Having said that, HUNTER LUEPKE had to have earned himself some NFL money last night as he was clearly the best player on the field and put on a flippin' SHOW.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Lost the turnover battle… had too many penalties (some seemed questionable) and had some questionable play calls. Recipe for a loss. Made their Defense look like world beaters our last couple of possessions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some thoughts...
    1) "Momentum" is a crazy thing. I thought that Arizona Defense was done. We were gashing them like crazy. They pulled it together to stop us on 4th down that drive, and came out the next drive looking like world beaters.

2) The mistakes we saw tonight have been around for awhile, it just isn't as noticeable against most teams we play. Arizona had similar if not better talent than us, and we made mistakes and paid for it. NDSU has a reputation of playing error free football, but frankly tonight Arizona looked like the more disciplined team.

3) Hats off to Arizona. Their Oline dominated our defense. They created a big turnover in the red zone. They rallied on defense when I thought they were done. Plus the were very workman like out there. Few mistakes, not a lot of jawing. They played well.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    If we converted on the last position, we win. It was an entertaining game I think it was a great learning experience. Arizona will be mid/upper end of the PAC 12 when it’s all said and done. That being said,

I feel like we lost to South Dakota. We had no business losing that game. Left at minimum, 13 points on the field. Fuck penalties and the fumble on the fuckn 8 yd line.
    There is no way in hell AZ is on the upper or middle end of the PAC 12. They’re shit!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Is there a new #1 in the polls?
    No we are still way better than any of the top 10 teams

Quote Originally Posted by BiZon22 View Post
    We will not play at home in the playoffs
    Are you insane!?!?! Who the F in the FCS is going to beat us? SDSU has looked like sheet and maybe MO St, we could easily win the rest of our games too. We have a really good team and last night doesn’t change that

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Are you insane!?!?! Who the F in the FCS is going to beat us? SDSU has looked like sheet and maybe MO St, we could easily win the rest of our games too. We have a really good team and last night doesn’t change that
    And a good draw for a conference schedule. Other than SDSU the rest of our schedule is pretty weak.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Oh the defense sucked ass don't get me wrong but I still think Roehl and Entz got to cute and smart in the 4th and actually put Busey in to try and milk the clock and it completely just blew up in their face they should have just let Luepke and Williams keep fucking pounding the rock eh.

Beautiful sunrise and day today here in ND eh.

Lardsin must go!

- I thought for sure Cole was going to pass it at some point in the 4th. We seemed to be setting them up for that
    - Did a wide receiver have a catch?
    - Their stadium made me very thankful for the Fargodome.
    - All the other woulda coulda shouldas. Definitely felt like a game we should have won.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif