Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Arizona Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: Arizona Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

I get that our receivers were not getting separation but on one of the first downs why not have Mathis just sprint down the sidelines and tell Cam to overthrow it by 5 yards? Or throw it out of bounds where Mathis can make an attempt at the catch. Or just give the kid at 6'6 a chance at a jump ball. Another option would have been to let Gindorf run a seam and toss it up. But there was never an attempt at a deep throw to even keep the safeties honest. I mean by the end of the game the safeties were lining up with the linebackers.

Also, if you want to pass the ball at that last drive why not run the play-action roll-out pass to Gindorf? From what I remember that play worked well the couple of times we ran it and Gindorf made solid catches and runs with the 2 plays we gave him. The wide receiver screen just didn't look good.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Dstahn View Post
    I get that our receivers were not getting separation but on one of the first downs why not have Mathis just sprint down the sidelines and tell Cam to overthrow it by 5 yards? Or throw it out of bounds where Mathis can make an attempt at the catch. Or just give the kid at 6'6 a chance at a jump ball. Another option would have been to let Gindorf run a seam and toss it up. But there was never an attempt at a deep throw to even keep the safeties honest. I mean by the end of the game the safeties were lining up with the linebackers.

Also, if you want to pass the ball at that last drive why not run the play-action roll-out pass to Gindorf? From what I remember that play worked well the couple of times we ran it and Gindorf made solid catches and runs with the 2 plays we gave him. The wide receiver screen just didn't look good.
    I'm actually thinking about the wide receivers myself. Do they suck in practice? Do the qbs really have no arms? Who has Matt Entz actually recruited himself? Apparently not a kicker, receiver, defensive tackle or linebacker eh.

Lardsin must go!

TR went in with a simple game plan and it almost worked. Take away the defensive penalties and the questionable 4th down call, and we likely win. I think Entz went for it because he knew the AZ offense was going to put up points. Those are talented players and they delivered a near perfect game. Young LBs/D-line made it a bad matchup for us. Came down to one play and the AZ D delivered. You could criticize TR for not dialing up something different there ... a little razzle dazzle anyone? ... but he had no reason to think we wouldn’t execute

As for all the “chippy” talk, it was a big game for both teams. This is everywhere in high-level CFB now. If it were egregious, it would have gotten flagged. Funny how some people just want to paint the Bison in a bad light. I wonder why …

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    TR went in with a simple game plan and it almost worked. Take away the defensive penalties and the questionable 4th down call, and we likely win. I think Entz went for it because he knew the AZ offense was going to put up points. Those are talented players and they delivered a near perfect game. Young LBs/D-line made it a bad matchup for us. Came down to one play and the AZ D delivered. You could criticize TR for not dialing up something different there ... a little razzle dazzle anyone? ... but he had no reason to think we wouldn’t execute

As for all the “chippy” talk, it was a big game for both teams. This is everywhere in high-level CFB now. If it were egregious, it would have gotten flagged. Funny how some people just want to paint the Bison in a bad light. I wonder why …
    ... and the strip sack of Cam deep in their red zone. It was early and it may not have seemed such a blow at the time but that ended up being likely a 14 point swing since they capitalized on the TO.

At the end of the day, the Bison need to play essentially error free ball when competing with a P5 and this time, they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    ... and the strip sack of Cam deep in their red zone. It was early and it may not have seemed such a blow at the time but that ended up being likely a 14 point swing since they capitalized on the TO.

At the end of the day, the Bison need to play essentially error free ball when competing with a P5 and this time, they didn't.
    Yes that was ugly. Have to go back and watch it again to see how he got in there so easy.

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Dstahn View Post

The fastest guy on the team is probably freshman wide receiver, Carson Hegerle. He ran a 10.61 100M in track last spring. I wouldn't be surprised if they use him to run a fly route, or two, in the future.
    Last edited by Bisman; 09-19-2022 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisman View Post
    The fastest guy on the team is probably freshman wide receiver, Carson Hegerle. He ran a 10.61 100M in track last spring. I wouldn't be surprised if they used him to run a fly route, or two, in the future.
    Do the qbs actually throw footballs? Thought they just did leg curls and pound the rock bro.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisman View Post
    The fastest guy on the team is probably freshman wide receiver, Carson Hegerle. He ran a 10.61 100M in track last spring. I wouldn't be surprised if they used him to run a fly route, or two, in the future.
    Henderson had a good sweep. Everyone is focused on the WR but you don’t have to outthink yourself. Feed Leupke 3 more times.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    Henderson had a good sweep. Everyone is focused on the WR but you don’t have to outthink yourself. Feed Leupke 3 more times.
    I don't know bro. There was one first down in the third quarter where a well coached qb would have audibled to a play action pass but we just ran straight into 8 guys.

Honestly have the feeling the coaches don't trust the receivers this year and that's on the coaches eh.

Lardsin must go!

There's no way in hell Carson wentz runs the play that was called.

But that's different coaches eh.

Coaches coaches coaches.

Thought these new recruits were supposed to be the biggest stars ever after all the success?

Coaches coaches coaches.

Lardsin must go!