Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2868767778

Thread: GDT: NDSU at Arizona

Default Re: GDT: NDSU at Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    For as bad as the defense was on 3rd and long, the coaches lost this.

They were gashing the defense with the run all the way through thr drive after the missed fg. Yet not 1 play action pass. Arizona started selling out and play action was wide open. Just a coaching g staff that couldn't see that.
    agreeeeeeee
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    People need to quit shitting on the players for this loss. Arizona had equal or even better talent. Coaching was the difference and it was glaring! Shit on the coaches not the players!
    Their coaches made some pretty crappy call as well. If not for that fumble, Fisch would be getting absolutely grilled today for going for it deep in his own territory. The three things I have struggled with the most are...

1. Cam's slide
    2. Cam's fumble. I'm not going to put that on him but it was very reminiscent of the Seahawks/Patriots Superbowl where the coaches got cute instead of giving it to beast mode to secure the win. They were clearly on their heals and TKW would have hammered that it in.
    3. Not securing the win when we were up 28-24 late in the fourth and had the ball. We have been so good for a decade plus in that scenario. In fact, I can't think of one time where we failed. That is Bison Time and we own the fourth. Arizona just flat out wanted it more.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Their coaches made some pretty crappy call as well. If not for that fumble, Fisch would be getting absolutely grilled today for going for it deep in his own territory. The three things I have struggled with the most are...

1. Cam's slide
    2. Cam's fumble. I'm not going to put that on him but it was very reminiscent of the Seahawks/Patriots Superbowl where the coaches got cute instead of giving it to beast mode to secure the win. They were clearly on their heals and TKW would have hammered that it in.
    3. Not securing the win when we were up 28-24 late in the fourth and had the ball. We have been so good for a decade plus in that scenario. In fact, I can't think of one time where we failed. That is Bison Time and we own the fourth. Arizona just flat out wanted it more.
    that cam fumble was a stupid play call as well
    why are you throwing on 2nd down near the goal line after Luepke ran it down their throats that drive
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    that cam fumble was a stupid play call as well
    why are you throwing on 2nd down near the goal line after Luepke ran it down their throats that drive
    I agree. A roll out only works if you are decisive and get rid of the ball or run. Cam held the ball too long. Roehl put him in a bad position and it was poorly executed

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

We should have gone for it on the last 3rd and 8. If we make it great and keep pounding them. if we turn over on downs, we could use our 2 remaining TOS to save clock, we could have held them to a FG (hopefully) and then gotten the ball back with a chance to still score a winning touchdown.

Little disappointed on the late 4th down play not getting the call into Cam and running the play. Their inside DL were gassed. We gave them a break to rest.