Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Entz to Nebraska???

Default Entz to Nebraska???

Hate to do it....but with Frost being fired yesterday, there's already been rumblings about a list of potential suitors for the new Nebraska job and HC Matt Entz was on it. Do I think he gets it...no, but it could shake things up for other possible P5 opportunities for him in the region. Interesting talking point, anyway.

Default Re: Entz to Nebraska???

Yeah, Entz to Nebraska has absolutely no chance... guessing some ESPN type guy might've thrown his name out there amongst a dozen or more others to see what sticks. Much more likely that Klieman has those kind of discussions. Nebraska is a $5M a year type coaching job so they can poach from other P5 schools or pretty much any G5 head coach they want. Those dominoes won't fall for a while though but Entz is probably going to be a hot name at several places at the G5 level when they start falling. If he goes say hello to Head Coach Tyler Roehl.

Lol at this thread and an even bigger lol at the person who named it

Great trolling
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Klieman seems more likely than Entz and would probably be a top contender.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Klieman seems more likely than Entz and would probably be a top contender.
    I agree, but....Jim Tressel went from Youngstown St to Ohio State. Coached in multiple Natty's at both schools. With that said, I love Entz, but ya, not happening. It will be home run hire or bust for the Huskers. Klieman shouldn't even interview if asked. The booster/HC relationship is beyond toxic there.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Lol at this thread and an even bigger lol at the person who named it

Great trolling
    How is it funny and/or trolling? It's neither. His name was mentioned as a possible suitor for the job, sorry if that jams a stick up your ass. Jesus Christ.....

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    I agree, but....Jim Tressel went from Youngstown St to Ohio State. Coached in multiple Natty's at both schools. With that said, I love Entz, but ya, not happening. It will be home run hire or bust for the Huskers. Klieman shouldn't even interview if asked. The booster/HC relationship is beyond toxic there.
    Id be more worried about Entz to KState or maybe Iowa State. It looks like Nebraska is gonna go all in to get Matt Campbell from Iowa State in December.

Quote Originally Posted by bstark28 View Post
    How is it funny and/or trolling? It's neither. His name was mentioned as a possible suitor for the job, sorry if that jams a stick up your ass. Jesus Christ.....
    And lol for that react
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

0.00 chance of Entz to Nebraska.

but 50% chance of Klieman going to Nebraska.... then Entz to K State.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

If Klieman does leave K-State I'd have a hard time seeing Gene Taylor dip into the same well again... especially for a guy he has essentially no direct familiarity with in Entz. Gene really stuck his neck out for Klieman and took a lot of heat for that hire so he had to be positive it was going to work out or he would've probably not lasted long there either. Would he be that willing to do it again for Entz???