Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Entz to Nebraska???

Default Re: Entz to Nebraska???

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    If Klieman does leave K-State I'd have a hard time seeing Gene Taylor dip into the same well again... especially for a guy he has essentially no direct familiarity with in Entz. Gene really stuck his neck out for Klieman and took a lot of heat for that hire so he had to be positive it was going to work out or he would've probably not lasted long there either. Would he be that willing to do it again for Entz???
    spot on.....

Listened the the Audible with Bruce Feldman, and Stewart Mandel, and they both had Chris Klieman in their top 2 for the Nebraska Job.

They both Said Mattt Campbell from Iowa State as their #1 but he never seems to want to leave ISU, so they said either Chris Klieman or Lance Leopold from Kansas.

Basically they agreed that if Kansas ends the season with a winning record, that Leopold will get paid whatever he wants at Nebraska, but if they still end up with 3-4 wins, then its Chris' Job if he wants it.

Not saying theyre right, but they are as respected and connected of CFB journos as there is and they feel like most likely scenario is Klieman
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Entz has 2 legitimate seasons as a HC for experience. He's never coached above FCS. Before NDSU he had only 2 years' experience as a coordinator, everything else was position coaching at lower levels. He's probably a couple more years away from getting a Wyoming-type job offer with that resume.

Don't get me wrong I absolutely love Entz and I hope he stays here for a long time. He just doesn't have a splashy resume, which in my interest of keeping him is fine by me. Nebraska could've saved $7.5M by waiting THREE WEEKS to fire Frost. That's the kind of money Nebraska has. The AD is absolutely not going to take a flyer on some unknown coach from FCS.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    If Klieman does leave K-State I'd have a hard time seeing Gene Taylor dip into the same well again... especially for a guy he has essentially no direct familiarity with in Entz. Gene really stuck his neck out for Klieman and took a lot of heat for that hire so he had to be positive it was going to work out or he would've probably not lasted long there either. Would he be that willing to do it again for Entz???
    Gene had no overlap at NDSU with Entz. He was at Iowa before Entz came to become D coordinator. Gene's not replacing Klieman with Entz unless he's trying to get Scott Frost level buyout money and looking to ride into the sunset.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Unreliable sources have informed me that it's ........ "Bubba to Nebraska"!!!!! Bubba deserves his chance. Before all you naysayers chime in......look at Bubba's record.............oh, wait

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    I agree, but....Jim Tressel went from Youngstown St to Ohio State. Coached in multiple Natty's at both schools. With that said, I love Entz, but ya, not happening. It will be home run hire or bust for the Huskers. Klieman shouldn't even interview if asked. The booster/HC relationship is beyond toxic there.
    Great point---I'd think HC relationship with AD is huge at the collegiate level. Why would Kleiman sacrifice that for a full rebuild at Nebraska?

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I doubt Entz gets this job, but he's going to be talked about in the various backfills from whoever does. I also think Entz would be a better FBS DC than HC.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I jokingly threw Entz's name out to some buddies that are Husker fans. They said they'd love to have him. I told them they can continue their path to irrelevancy and be the Kansas St of the Big 10.

Im not sure it matters anyway...if you're not Bama, UGA, Clemson, OSU, or OU then you're pretty much just playing for participation awards.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    0.00 chance of Entz to Nebraska.

but 50% chance of Klieman going to Nebraska.... then Entz to K State.
    I just agreed with Chapo.

< leaves to take shower >

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Listened the the Audible with Bruce Feldman, and Stewart Mandel, and they both had Chris Klieman in their top 2 for the Nebraska Job.

They both Said Mattt Campbell from Iowa State as their #1 but he never seems to want to leave ISU, so they said either Chris Klieman or Lance Leopold from Kansas.

Basically they agreed that if Kansas ends the season with a winning record, that Leopold will get paid whatever he wants at Nebraska, but if they still end up with 3-4 wins, then its Chris' Job if he wants it.

Not saying theyre right, but they are as respected and connected of CFB journos as there is and they feel like most likely scenario is Klieman
    Leopold would make some sense, and would would be crazy to not jump if Nebraska offers.

Campbell and Klieman: both of them are in great situations and seem very happy where they are....how much money would it take to get them to jump into that dumpster fire? I hope for their sake that they stay where they are......Husker stink doesn't wash off.