Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fargodome Attendance ideas to increase attendance to save program

Default Re: Fargodome Attendance ideas to increase attendance to save program

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Can't be too good though because I've seen what happens to attendance in seasons when NDSU has a 25% chance of losing a home game.
    I think the bigger issue is marketing to kids. I read a study that says the average kid becomes a fan between 8-10 years old and if they have a championship season, the odds of being a fan for life goes up a hundred times. I thought it was a BS study until I realized that's how I became a lifelong fan. Get kids on campus. Try to get more father-son type ticket packs geared towards elementary aged kids. Football is similar to cigarettes. Get em hooked early!!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I think the bigger issue is marketing to kids. I read a study that says the average kid becomes a fan between 8-10 years old and if they have a championship season, the odds of being a fan for life goes up a hundred times. I thought it was a BS study until I realized that's how I became a lifelong fan. Get kids on campus. Try to get more father-son type ticket packs geared towards elementary aged kids. Football is similar to cigarettes. Get em hooked early!!
    that's how I became a fan....of the Bison, not the smokes
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    that's how I became a fan....of the Bison, not the smokes
    So a free carton of smokes with every youth ticket sold??? I think Bisonville has solved another problem for the athletic department.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    So a free carton of smokes with every youth ticket sold??? I think Bisonville has solved another problem for the athletic department.
    Can I put a little dust in teh ends of the cigarettez and leave a business card in teh cartoon eh

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Thundar candy cigarettes!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Barry Manilow smokes.

In fact, when he comes in for a tailgating concert, we are going to insist that smoking be allowed in the Fargo Dome and absolutely REQUIRED by everyone in the tailgating lots. That oughta pack 'em in. Our goal is to have such a huge haze over the area that flights will be shutdown and geese will kill themselves running into West Lot light poles.

But I don't want to gum up this great thread any further, so you can read about all the latest "Manilow to the West Lot" news starting here .........................http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...91#post1579291

Totally agree. We are season tickets holders and My 8 year old son has become completely infatuated with the Bison over the past year. This season he knows all the players’ names, numbers, and positions, and spends his free time watching past games on YouTube and playing football outside. Getting those kids in early is how we save the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You Gotsta Love Those BISON!

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Can't be too good though because I've seen what happens to attendance in seasons when NDSU has a 25% chance of losing a home game.
    Even LSU had empty seats last night for a conference game with their geographically closest conference opponent.
    It's OK to not be OK.

One thing that Arizona did that was interesting....they had a clock on the field that showed the amount of time left on the TV timeouts that would count down to zero.

We should adopt something like that. I have no idea how they kept that many students at the game...most stayed the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Has anyone with the Dome Authority had the balls to go on record and say why they don't have Wifi? While I don't think that fixes everything, it is beyond baffling and they should be ashamed.
    So even more people stare at their device during the game? (Drives me batty in REA because there you can get smoked by a puck over the glass.)