Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 FCS Non-NDSU Thread

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2022 FCS Non-NDSU Thread

I absolutely HATE how much love Jackson State gets. The HBCU conferences as a whole have created this whole aura of "we are as good as the rest of the FCS, we just don't play them to find out" and it drives me nuts.

Jackson State has a SoS of 254 (out of 261 d1 teams) and is getting first place votes in this week's stats top 25 and it's incredibly unearned and undeserved. I am hoping some conference team beats them and steals their bid away to their bowl game so the FCS committee gives them an at large like FAMU last year and then they get stomped by a mid-tier FCS team like SIU in opening weekend, just like FAMU.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    I absolutely HATE how much love Jackson State gets. The HBCU conferences as a whole have created this whole aura of "we are as good as the rest of the FCS, we just don't play them to find out" and it drives me nuts.

Jackson State has a SoS of 254 (out of 261 d1 teams) and is getting first place votes in this week's stats top 25 and it's incredibly unearned and undeserved. I am hoping some conference team beats them and steals their bid away to their bowl game so the FCS committee gives them an at large like FAMU last year and then they get stomped by a mid-tier FCS team like SIU in opening weekend, just like FAMU.
    So, I'll just take a WAG then and assume you were/are not a fan of this 60 Minutes piece last night either then.

Don't believe everything you think.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    So, I'll just take a WAG then and assume you were/are not a fan of this 60 Minutes piece last night either then.

OH CMON!!!!

I will spite watch this eventually, but congrats on building the brand of being the best of the worst.

National media loves them some Jackson State since they know nothing about FCS anyways. Everyone thinks they are good.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post

It is a bit crazy really. They are already getting some buzz about FBS too.
    I'd like to see us draw them in the playoffs somehow.

it would get hyped up, and likely tons of viewers.

Looking forward to this:

No. 7 Montana (5-1) heads to No. 2 Sacramento State (6-0). The night game will be televised on ESPN2.

https://herosports.com/fcs-football-...-preview-bzbz/

And this:

No. 5 Weber State visits No. 3 Montana State. ESPN+ 2:00

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Looking forward to this:

No. 7 Montana (5-1) heads to No. 2 Sacramento State (6-0). The night game will be televised on ESPN2.

And this:

No. 5 Weber State visits No. 3 Montana State. ESPN+ 2:00

Should be some good games.
    I expect UND to give the rabbits all they can handle and won't be surprised if the bunnies lose.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The Colonial Athletic Association is expanding to 15 (football) schools in 2023.

The burgeoning Colonial Athletic Association has expanded further, announcing Wednesday morning that Campbell University will become an all-sports member in July of 2023.

The Camels, from Buies Creek, North Carolina, will push CAA full-time membership to 14 schools, following the addition earlier this year of Stony Brook, Monmouth, Hampton and North Carolina A&T.

Those three joined Delaware, Drexel, Hofstra, Northeastern, Towson, William & Mary, UNC-Wilmington, Elon and the College of Charleston in the NCAA Division I league beginning this summer. Longtime

CAA school James Madison departed this summer for the Sun Belt Conference.

Campbell, which is presently a member of the Big South, does play FCS-level football.

That addition will give the CAA 15 football schools in 2023 — Delaware and seven other full-time CAA schools, plus football-only associate members Villanova of the Big East, New Hampshire, Maine and

Albany of America East and the Atlantic 10's Richmond and Rhode Island.

Campbell is a private school that had an undergraduate enrollment of just 3,325 in 2021-22 though graduate and professional students pushed total enrollment past 5,600.

Campbell plays at #9 Jackson State today

https://herosports.com/fcs-football-...na-state-bzbz/

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Should be some good games.
    I expect UND to give the rabbits all they can handle and won't be surprised if the bunnies lose.
    Is there a way both teams can lose by 3 TD’s???

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Is there a way both teams can lose by 3 TD’s???
    Giant Meteor day today.