Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Sagarin ratings

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2022 Sagarin ratings

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Same thing was said about the Sunbelt not long ago.
    When was the last time a Sunbelt school lost by 26 points to a transitioning FCS like Tarleton?
    I'd bet never. It wasn't just a loss by NMSU, they got destroyed. It doesn't get much worse.

We could play 8 guys and sleepwalk our way thru those games. I'd rather play Youngstown.
    Beating these schools won't bring any respect.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    When was the last time a Sunbelt school lost by 26 points to a transitioning FCS like Tarleton?
    I'd bet never. It wasn't just a loss by NMSU, they got destroyed. It doesn't get much worse.
    Well, that's a pretty small sample size. Coastal Carolina lost by 42 to Western Illinois in their first year in the Sun Belt. WIU's offense didn't get into the end zone against NDSU that year.

The Sun Belt does really well against the FCS though.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Well, that's a pretty small sample size. Coastal Carolina lost by 42 to Western Illinois in their first year in the Sun Belt. WIU's offense didn't get into the end zone against NDSU that year.

The Sun Belt does really well against the FCS though.
    Thats a good find, though its a bit different when the FBS team is still transitioning instead of the FCS team in the matchup.
    I'd also say WIU is a good bit better than Tarleton.
    I expect SHSU and JSU might get knocked off too during transition.

The trouble is CUSA will soon be like this from top to bottom.
    WKU will be their best school remaining.

WKU has recently lost to both Maine and UCA.
    UTEP lost to NAU by 20
    FIU lost to Jacksonville St and Bethune-Cookman.

The thing is, these schools top to bottom are not even upper echelon FCS.

CUSA is FBS in name only. Its mid level FCS competition wise.
    All these schools would be #35 or worse in the FCS based on Sagarin.

We moved up a place this week, to 52. https://sagarin.usatoday.com/2022-2/...-ratings-2022/

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    We moved up a place this week, to 52. https://sagarin.usatoday.com/2022-2/...-ratings-2022/
    Arizona at #70.
    Will be interesting to see what Sagarin does when we crush them.

The bunnies are at #75

Arizona at #70.
    Will be interesting to see what Sagarin does when we crush them.

The bunnies are at #75
    They finished last year at #118 between USD and UND so they might drop down that far.
    It's OK to not be OK.

We could play 8 guys and sleepwalk our way thru those games. I'd rather play Youngstown.
    Beating these schools won't bring any respect
    Preposterous statement of the year winner right here... lol beating youngstown state brings more respect than going undefeated in the Sun Belt??? L.O. Fucking L. Dood, Coastal was ranked #11 like 18 months ago, bahahahah. But youre right, Beating youngstown carries more weight than beating actual top 25 programs like App state, and Coastal, or even JMU lololololol.

I get it, you think the existence of FBS is dumb or something, but you dont have to be so Blatantly ignorant of the actual facts of the situation. 2 things can be true at once: You can think FCS is better for NDSU... AND you can acknowledge the fact that the Sun belt is more relevant than Youngstown state in every single possible way. The sun belt is in a different stratosphere of relevance than 99% of the FCS
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Preposterous statement of the year winner right here... lol beating youngstown state brings more respect than going undefeated in the Sun Belt??? L.O. Fucking L. Dood, Coastal was ranked #11 like 18 months ago, bahahahah. But youre right, Beating youngstown carries more weight than beating actual top 25 programs like App state, and Coastal, or even JMU lololololol.

I get it, you think the existence of FBS is dumb or something, but you dont have to be so Blatantly ignorant of the actual facts of the situation. 2 things can be true at once: You can think FCS is better for NDSU... AND you can acknowledge the fact that the Sun belt is more relevant than Youngstown state in every single possible way. The sun belt is in a different stratosphere of relevance than 99% of the FCS
    Hoople people minds cant be changed.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post

Nowhere did I say Youngstown is better than playing the SunBelt.
    I'd be happy to see us join the SunBelt, the MAC, AAC or MWC.

But Youngstown IS better than NMSU, UTEP, FIU, Tarleton and what the new CUSA will be.
    CUSA is straight out garbage in 2023 and beyond.
    Watching Nevada play at NMSU was just sad. Very few fans and really crappy football.

We dropped to 58 this week. When we play these weak teams we've got to start beating them by 70 so we don't go backwards. https://sagarin.usatoday.com/2022-2/...-ratings-2022/

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA