Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Sagarin ratings

Default Re: 2022 Sagarin ratings

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    I'd go

Honestly a football only membership in the Belt would be kinda good
    This is SUPER farfetched, but still fun to think about. What a Wild conference that would be for football matchups! no regional games of course but I'd rather have GOOD away games in full stadiums that are too far away than awful games, in empty stadiums that are close.

Fun Belt has shown that theyre insane.... What if, and this is a what-if the size of the moon, but what if they made a sun belt west- with NDSU, SDSU, Montana and Montana state.
    Do the pod system so NDSU plays those three no matter what, and then rotate with the rest. NGL, thats fun as hell. Its so damn crazy, the Sun belt has probably already thought of it lol.

Remember, IDAHO used to be in the Sun belt. NDSU is 1,198 miles closer than Idaho lolol and every team I mentioned brings more to the table than the POS idaho vandals.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    This is SUPER farfetched, but still fun to think about. What a Wild conference that would be for football matchups! no regional games of course but I'd rather have GOOD away games in full stadiums that are too far away than awful games, in empty stadiums that are close.

Fun Belt has shown that theyre insane.... What if, and this is a what-if the size of the moon, but what if they made a sun belt west- with NDSU, SDSU, Montana and Montana state.
    Do the pod system so NDSU plays those three no matter what, and then rotate with the rest. NGL, thats fun as hell. Its so damn crazy, the Sun belt has probably already thought of it lol.

Remember, IDAHO used to be in the Sun belt. NDSU is 1,198 miles closer than Idaho lolol and every team I mentioned brings more to the table than the POS idaho vandals.
    I think this is the position of most SunBelt fans. So we're a non-starter.

https://howlraiser.com/2022/08/03/it...er-conference/
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I think this is the position of most SunBelt fans. So we're a non-starter.

https://howlraiser.com/2022/08/03/it...er-conference/

I imagine they would see NDSU in a different light than Jackson St or SHSU.

The bigger hurdle would be travel and trying to get a football only invite, but thats true with pretty much every FBS conference.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    There is a lifeline to the Big 12 from the MWC more than the MAC. I don’t get the MAC at all and travel to UNLV may be longer than to BFE Ohio but is it really cheaper?
    Big 12. Over under it exists in 10years?

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    P2.5 or P3 - strong brands that aren't on the SEC or B1G target lists.

B12 will outlive the PAC and ACC.

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Going with the over on this. 5 years ago I would have disagreed, but I think they are going into expansion mode already to try and stay relevant in the power conferences. I think they'll end up absorbing some PAC teams and maybe adding a MWC team or two as well.

I'm envisioning a P4 scenario with ACC/SEC/B1G/BigXII with 16 teams per conference. The playoffs will expand to 12 teams, but all will come from P4 schools with conf champs getting a bye week. If the G5 schools get an invite it will be play in games against the 2nd place team from each conference (but I wouldn't hold my breath for that to happen). For that to happen I think the G5 shrinks to a G4 with CUSA being absorbed by other conferences. Since the P4 would have 64 teams that leaves the rest of FBS with 69 teams and I have a sneaky suspicion they aren't going to look to add more schools, but rather drop some to get to four 16 team leagues. That likely means that some of the FBS bottom feeders will be cut and some FCS schools added.

My thoughts are PURELY speculation and I'm honestly not sure if it is better for NDSU to move to a weak as fuck CUSA and be ready to be absorbed when they finally fall apart or to patiently wait for the above scenario to play out and position yourself to be ready if/when the conference invite happens. Of course, crazier things have happened. Maybe CUSA gets hot (somehow) and generates more buzz than some other G5 leagues and THEY end up absorbing a league. IIRC, many of us were referring to the Sunbelt as the sunbelch conference when App St and GaSo made their move, who's to say that if NDSU, SDSU, MT, MTSU joined they wouldn't be one of the most competitive G5 conferences.

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    Going with the over on this. 5 years ago I would have disagreed, but I think they are going into expansion mode already to try and stay relevant in the power conferences. I think they'll end up absorbing some PAC teams and maybe adding a MWC team or two as well.

I'm envisioning a P4 scenario with ACC/SEC/B1G/BigXII with 16 teams per conference. The playoffs will expand to 12 teams, but all will come from P4 schools with conf champs getting a bye week. If the G5 schools get an invite it will be play in games against the 2nd place team from each conference (but I wouldn't hold my breath for that to happen). For that to happen I think the G5 shrinks to a G4 with CUSA being absorbed by other conferences. Since the P4 would have 64 teams that leaves the rest of FBS with 69 teams and I have a sneaky suspicion they aren't going to look to add more schools, but rather drop some to get to four 16 team leagues. That likely means that some of the FBS bottom feeders will be cut and some FCS schools added.

My thoughts are PURELY speculation and I'm honestly not sure if it is better for NDSU to move to a weak as fuck CUSA and be ready to be absorbed when they finally fall apart or to patiently wait for the above scenario to play out and position yourself to be ready if/when the conference invite happens. Of course, crazier things have happened. Maybe CUSA gets hot (somehow) and generates more buzz than some other G5 leagues and THEY end up absorbing a league. IIRC, many of us were referring to the Sunbelt as the sunbelch conference when App St and GaSo made their move, who's to say that if NDSU, SDSU, MT, MTSU joined they wouldn't be one of the most competitive G5 conferences.

CUSA is a FCS level conference, and not a very good one.
    Sagarin will show this in 2023 with the new school alignment.
    Guaranteed MVFC and possibly one or two other FCS conferences will rate higher.

FIU is bad enough at Sagarin #161, but they are also adding NMSU at #168

NMSU managed to lose to Tarleton State .... by 26 freakin points!
    They got their ass kicked by a not very good FCS team. It wasn't even close.

CUSA is weak as f*ck. Its also possible its the only way to get a seat at the table when the music stops. Your sun belt analogy is spot on. what a shit show the SunBelch was. Now? arguably the most entertaining G5 league with 3-4 legit programs in contention for that NY6 game, and gets PLENTY of attention from the talking heads and ESPN.

The Great west was a shit show too. 4 teams? lol wut? Turns out it was absolutely genius move by GT and exactly what we needed to spring board our run at the next level.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    CUSA is a FCS level conference, and not a very good one.
    Sagarin will show this in 2023 with the new school alignment.
    Guaranteed MVFC and possibly one or two other FCS conferences will rate higher.

FIU is bad enough at Sagarin #161, but they are also adding NMSU at #168

NMSU managed to lose to Tarleton State .... by 26 freakin points!
    They got their ass kicked by a not very good FCS team. It wasn't even close.
    Same thing was said about the Sunbelt not long ago.

Libertarianism suggests independance. Not beholden to a conferences whims.

One potential natural rival for NDSU.

UN_.

Enough conference “chasing” ideas. Liberty/Hawaii model. Set our own schedule. Some regular games. Just like their lady.

If they can soft schedule their ass into the playoffs so often, I don’t see why NDSU couldn’t work towards that.

Only without the soft schedule like those drunk irish Catholic midgets protecting their gold. TM