5 The Word 88
    6 UC Davis 90
    7 Montana 96
    8 Weber 98
    9 UNI 105
    10 Furman 109

Finally Montana is back to reality
    NDSU gains and so does SDSU
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Default Re: 2022 Sagarin ratings

https://sagarin.usatoday.com/2022-2/...-ratings-2022/

SDSU at #49 and NDSU at #62 going into Frisco. Sagarin makes SDSU about a 2.5 point favorite on a neutral field. Sounds about right to me although I wouldn't be surprised to see that betting line tip further towards SDSU once the books open and money starts coming in.

FWIW Massey has this as a statistical toss-up on a neutral field with SDSU having the slightest of advantages: https://masseyratings.com/game.php?s...4031&oid1=5545

To be it feels like SDSU should be strong favorites. They're a great team on both sides of the ball. If NDSU was at full strength, I would say a toss up. With the huge number of key players NDSU has lost this year though it feels to me like a 10-14 point SDSU win. Oh well, I almost feel like just making it to Frisco was a miracle given the injuries and you can't win them all.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

One thing is guaranteed, either NDSU or the team that eliminates them will win the title for the 13th time in a row
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

2004 to 2022 comparison
    Screenshot 2023-01-10 101433.jpg

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

That’s pretty gross
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by yellowstreak View Post
    2004 to 2022 comparison
    That's very cool! I was thinking of putting historical Sagarin ratings in the Fan Guide part of Bisonville - I already show each FCS team's poll rankings on their main page and update each week. I could include a column for Sagarin (and maybe Massey) so I could look and see where NDSU and Arizona were in the ratings when they played, for example.

However, I have no idea if this would violate copyright. I'd at least have to put a link to Sagarin's main page. I think making the "Sagarin" column heading be a link to the Sagarin main page would be the most elegant solution. I know Massey has a composite page with all the rankings, but maybe they have permission.

This would have to be a "going forward" thing because I don't think the week by week ratings are archived anywhere. For example, if I wanted to put what NDSU's Sagarin rating was on for, say, the first Minnesota game on the 2006 schedule page, I have no way to look it up (although I could get the end of year ranking, perhaps.)

Any thoughts on this?

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    That's very cool! I was thinking of putting historical Sagarin ratings in the Fan Guide part of Bisonville - I already show each FCS team's poll rankings on their main page and update each week. I could include a column for Sagarin (and maybe Massey) so I could look and see where NDSU and Arizona were in the ratings when they played, for example.

However, I have no idea if this would violate copyright. I'd at least have to put a link to Sagarin's main page. I think making the "Sagarin" column heading be a link to the Sagarin main page would be the most elegant solution. I know Massey has a composite page with all the rankings, but maybe they have permission.

This would have to be a "going forward" thing because I don't think the week by week ratings are archived anywhere. For example, if I wanted to put what NDSU's Sagarin rating was on for, say, the first Minnesota game on the 2006 schedule page, I have no way to look it up (although I could get the end of year ranking, perhaps.)

Any thoughts on this?
    In favor….

I’m surprised there isn’t a week by week poll glossary somewhere…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Smile Re: 2022 Sagarin ratings

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

Any thoughts on this?
    This is a great idea!

As far as copyright goes, believe this is ok as long as large sections of content are not copied verbatim. "Fair use" is permitted if you are just summarizing where the Bison have ranked, and using it as the basis for new content. Universities and other authors rely heavily on fair use of content.

https://ogc.harvard.edu/pages/copyright-and-fair-use

The statute provides that fair use of a work “for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use, scholarship, or research)” is not an infringement of copyright.