Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Sagarin ratings

Default Re: 2022 Sagarin ratings

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    No I think you should blame Sagarin since the formula doesn't come up with the correct ranking of 2 teams that have played each other. Maybe he should adjust his formula to include a little more weight for head to head results. I think Sagarin is a good system but it could be better.
    Lol his entire ranking is based on head to head results...

"Why doesn't he just go into his little algorithm and move teams around to make me happy?"

If he did that, it would mess up other games and their head to head comparisons. Which would then mess with their head to head comparisons. And so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    The bad news for us is that we get Montana in the second round based on these ratings. People keep saying this is so easy to get to the semis but sorry if I think Montana could be a relatively difficult game more so than most other years.
    People see the 7-4 record and think soft. I see taking the 2 seed to OT and playing within 3 of Weber. Their absolute blasting of the bad teams in the Big Sky has their rating as high as it is.

We'll be favored and by probably a touchdown but we absolutely need to play good football to win. That is atypical for a 2nd round game for us.
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    People see the 7-4 record and think soft. I see taking the 2 seed to OT and playing within 3 of Weber. Their absolute blasting of the bad teams in the Big Sky has their rating as high as it is.

We'll be favored and by probably a touchdown but we absolutely need to play good football to win. That is atypical for a 2nd round game for us.
    Completely agreed. Terrible draw for that early in the playoffs. most likely will be the top team to advance from the first round and the #3 seed is stuck with them.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

BigLakeBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SiouxHockeyBisonFo View Post
    Completely agreed. Terrible draw for that early in the playoffs. most likely will be the top team to advance from the first round and the #3 seed is stuck with them.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Weber already beat them so Weber probably holds the title of best team coming out of the first round but I get your point. I don’t think they’re all that great especially without their #1 QB. Might be proven wrong because this Bison team has less margin for error but if we lose to them it will be an upset.

Yep! AnygivenSaturday. This season and this version of NDSU football has engaged me more than the dominant years.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Really good points. What happened with MSU though? They beat the living crap out of them.
    Looks like MSU ran for 439 yards, 6.8 per tote. Weak run D?

Might try to go watch that game if replay is available.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Really good points. What happened with MSU though? They beat the living crap out of them.
    Looks like MSU ran for 439 yards, 6.8 per tote. Weak run D?

Might try to go watch that game if replay is available.
    Yeah I really don't know. I did see that Montana State scored a touchdown on a botched longsnap and another on a RB jump pass. Montana also scored most of their points in mega garbage-time so idk. Touchdowns are touchdowns but some outlier-type stuff there.

Sounds like their run D is suspect. Works for me.
    *one day later*

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My guess is we will be favored by 17ish. I watched the MsU vs Griv game last week. That might be the most awful run defense I’ve ever seen. We will destroy them. Won’t be a game even with this Bison team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sagarin's take on the Quarter Final games. Home teams (higher seeds) are all favored, as they should be.

FAVORITE Rating Predict Golden Recent UNDERDOG ODDS PCT% TOTAL

MONTANA STATE 8.77 6.57 9.36 9.55 william & mary 257 72% 63.82
    NORTH DAKOTA STATE 13.64 13.60 12.24 14.23 samford 413 80% 57.16
    SACRAMENTO STATE 4.73 5.00 9.10 2.14 incarnate word 169 63% 74.54
    SOUTH DAKOTA STATE 18.11 16.74 16.24 19.63 holy cross 625 86% 43.37[table="width: 500, class: grid"]

If I understand his different predictors, Sac State is the team most likely to be upset and it would be cool to get one more game in the Fargodome.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pep Band View Post
    Sagarin's take on the Quarter Final games. Home teams (higher seeds) are all favored, as they should be.

FAVORITE Rating Predict Golden Recent UNDERDOG ODDS PCT% TOTAL

MONTANA STATE 8.77 6.57 9.36 9.55 william & mary 257 72% 63.82
    NORTH DAKOTA STATE 13.64 13.60 12.24 14.23 samford 413 80% 57.16
    SACRAMENTO STATE 4.73 5.00 9.10 2.14 incarnate word 169 63% 74.54
    SOUTH DAKOTA STATE 18.11 16.74 16.24 19.63 holy cross 625 86% 43.37[table="width: 500, class: grid"]
    It's OK to not be OK.