Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Sagarin ratings

Default Re: 2022 Sagarin ratings

lol at anyone who thinks Montana wouldnt lose by 3TDs to NDSU right now.
    That being said, it would be VERY fun to play them in the natty. When we lost in Missoula in 2015 or whatever, strangely no fans came up to me unprovoked and started screaming in my face about losing like they did in Tuscon, so theres that.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

O Man, what a riot that would be !!! Prolly sell out Target Field....if the Bison and Griz played in Target Field.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    O Man, what a riot that would be !!! Prolly sell out Target Field....if the Bison and Griz played in Target Field.
    Maybe even sell out US Bank stadium, especially if it was on Labor Day weekend.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Four of Montana's last five games are AGS #4 Sac St, #5 Mont St, #7 Weber St, and #17 EWU, three on the road. They won't be coasting into a seed.
    I did not know that. That'll be fun to keep an eye on and see how they fare in the rankings! Make or break time.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    That being said, it would be VERY fun to play them in the natty. When we lost in Missoula in 2015 or whatever, strangely no fans came up to me unprovoked and started screaming in my face about losing like they did in Tuscon, so theres that.
    I dunno about that. They are pounding the teams they should. NDSU is still very, very soft up the middle; any good team is going to score some points. Their defense is good; Cam and the WRs will need to get on the same page to fulfill your prophesy. This team is NOT as good as last year, and Montana is better with the new QB.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I dunno about that. They are pounding the teams they should. NDSU is still very, very soft up the middle; any good team is going to score some points. Their defense is good; Cam and the WRs will need to get on the same page to fulfill your prophesy. This team is NOT as good as last year, and Montana is better with the new QB.
    You know what I love about the NDSU Bison? Is how sometimes they come out of the gate a bit slow and sluggish, have some significant injuries during the season, maybe look "not as good as last years team", or have a need for a bunch of young dudes to step up and be better. And by playoff and natty time the Bison are an absolute machine. They are playing their best football during that run, and it usually ends up with another chip. I have my concerns like the rest of you about a few things I've seen so far.....but I trust the process and we'll see how it all plays out in the end.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 17>1 View Post
    You know what I love about the NDSU Bison? Is how sometimes they come out of the gate a bit slow and sluggish, have some significant injuries during the season, maybe look "not as good as last years team", or have a need for a bunch of young dudes to step up and be better. And by playoff and natty time the Bison are an absolute machine. They are playing their best football during that run, and it usually ends up with another chip. I have my concerns like the rest of you about a few things I've seen so far.....but I trust the process and we'll see how it all plays out in the end.
    Yep... I think since 2012 with the exception of maybe the 2013 and 2018 teams there's always been message board quips about how "this team doesn't have the same look as past title teams" and maybe there's truth to that when you compare early season versions of teams to the championship versions of their predecessors. In any case they seem to have the formula down in terms of how to play your best football at the right times.

Sooner or later the naysayers are bound to be right but hopefully not this year...
    Last edited by Professor Chaos; 09-27-2022 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    NDSU could wax them, win close, or lose. Not like NDSU has looked like the MonStars or anything through four weeks.

Played two teams with a pulse. Lost one. Won one.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Overall this team is not as good as any of the previous 10 teams, and the sooner they realize that the better they might become. There are definitely shortcomings at several positions, but who is stepping up, and who is working harder to get better? The old complacency bug is starting to show up. And this goes for the coaches too!

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Overall this team is not as good as any of the previous 10 teams, and the sooner they realize that the better they might become. There are definitely shortcomings at several positions, but who is stepping up, and who is working harder to get better? The old complacency bug is starting to show up. And this goes for the coaches too!
    12 losses over the previous 11 seasons is a very high bar.
    It's OK to not be OK.