Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 MVFC Season

Default Re: 2022 MVFC Season

Quote Originally Posted by StecMSU View Post
    He's done a remarkable job in a very shot period of time. The school hadn't been in the playoffs in three decades and he has them in position to do it 3 times in his first 3 years. I'm not making reservations to Frisco, TX hotels just yet, but if they win this weekend, it will be time to take a look. Jason Shelley is as good of a QB as there is in FCS and Bobby Petrino is as good of an offensive mind as there is at any level of football anywhere in the world. I'll take my chances with that combo over just about anyone.
    Nice w…. what the hell happened last weekend Petrino!?!?? Entz would be canned if he ever lost like that to the undies! I guess you are ok with mediocre coaching then I guess stay on that Petrino train…….

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Nice w…. what the hell happened last weekend Petrino!?!?? Entz would be canned if he ever lost like that to the undies! I guess you are ok with mediocre coaching then I guess stay on that Petrino train…….
    The team poured everything into the Arkansas game and was overconfident heading into the SDSU game. Then after that ballgame, there was a lot of infighting particularly on the defense with several emotional outbursts in the locker room and at practice last week. This team has so much talent but they have to channel their emotion properly.

Bobby Petrino is as good at coaching football offense as anyone in North America right now, but he really emptied the playbook in Arkansas. A friend who knows more about offense than I do told me that there haven't been any new wrinkles in the offense since that game in Fayetteville. He said they had shown new stuff against UT-Martin, a ton of new looks against the Razorbacks, and then very little against SDSU or UND.

Missouri State has a tremendous amount of talent that is scouted each week by NFL teams and they have great coaching, or at least great head coaching but administrators, coaches, players, and even fans have underestimated the difficulty in getting all the transfer players to mesh with the returners. The AD would like Petrino to spend a bit more time preparing the defense each week, but he has always been an offense first kind of guy.

Petrino has owned the Salukis since he got to Springfield and they have every capability of getting hot and making the playoffs and being a very dangerous opponent for anyone in FCS.

South Dakota scored 1st, lead Jacks 3-0

Missouri State leads SIU 13-0

Jackrabbits up 7-3 and in 2nd
    Missouri State 14-7 over SIU

SIU now blowing out Missouri State 38-14

SDSU up comfortably 28-3 on South Dakota in 4th quarter

Davidson starting for YSU
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

He's done a remarkable job in a very shot period of time. The school hadn't been in the playoffs in three decades and he has them in position to do it 3 times in his first 3 years. I'm not making reservations to Frisco, TX hotels just yet, but if they win this weekend, it will be time to take a look. Jason Shelley is as good of a QB as there is in FCS and Bobby Petrino is as good of an offensive mind as there is at any level of football anywhere in the world. I'll take my chances with that combo over just about anyone.

Missouri State now 2-4 on the season and 0-3 in the MVFC. One of the great offensive minds at any level of football has led his team right out of playoff contention. Still looking to check into hotel availability in Frisco? Talk about a post not aging well…

The team poured everything into the Arkansas game and was overconfident heading into the SDSU game. Then after that ballgame, there was a lot of infighting particularly on the defense with several emotional outbursts in the locker room and at practice last week. This team has so much talent but they have to channel their emotion properly.

Bobby Petrino is as good at coaching football offense as anyone in North America right now, but he really emptied the playbook in Arkansas. A friend who knows more about offense than I do told me that there haven't been any new wrinkles in the offense since that game in Fayetteville. He said they had shown new stuff against UT-Martin, a ton of new looks against the Razorbacks, and then very little against SDSU or UND.

Missouri State has a tremendous amount of talent that is scouted each week by NFL teams and they have great coaching, or at least great head coaching but administrators, coaches, players, and even fans have underestimated the difficulty in getting all the transfer players to mesh with the returners. The AD would like Petrino to spend a bit more time preparing the defense each week, but he has always been an offense first kind of guy.

Petrino has owned the Salukis since he got to Springfield and they have every capability of getting hot and making the playoffs and being a very dangerous opponent for anyone in FCS.
    Holy sheet Batman what’s the excuse this week? How embarrassing to be MSU right now? Maybe the transfer U experiment is a bust…

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Holy sheet Batman what’s the excuse this week? How embarrassing to be MSU right now? Maybe the transfer U experiment is a bust…
    Bad week for football but it is far from embarrassing to be a Bears fan with the success of both men's and women's soccer teams this season.

It's all about the line play in football. It's harder to fill those holes in the portal than it is to find a good RB or WR. They know they can still make the playoffs if they win out and that will be the rallying cry.

Bad week for football but it is far from embarrassing to be a Bears fan with the success of both men's and women's soccer teams this season.

It's all about the line play in football. It's harder to fill those holes in the portal than it is to find a good RB or WR. They know they can still make the playoffs if they win out and that will be the rallying cry.
    soccer is only a notch up from hockey, at least they play it on grass.
    good luck the rest of the season
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?