Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Tennessee St in Nashville?

Default Re: NDSU vs Tennessee St in Nashville?

Quote Originally Posted by thunderingherd View Post
    Who's the FCS powers? They all left didn't they? I agree with your point, but it brought me to that question. I can't think of one.
    Haha this is another issue. Who do we truly get excited about playing in Non-conference at this point? Both Montanas I imagine but after them? I guess whoever is a top 10 projected for the year but that by definition is likely not a blueblood at this point and these games are scheduled years out so the revolving door of relevant non-bluebloods could be a dud by the time we play them.

It's FBS, a Montana team, or an FCS dud. Might as well make it a fun location if we have to go with Plan C.
    Rixen

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Rixen View Post
    Ok so what should they do while they wait for an FBS invite to show up? We have the EW game at US bank coming up which seems fun, we have FBS away games when we can get them, and the top teams in the FCS likely don't want to schedule us in the non-conference portion for obvious reasons and ESPECIALLY not in the Fargodome.

Plan A: FBS Away game (Doing a solid job here with the FBS reluctance but seems to be every other year at best)
    Plan B: Home and Home series with an FCS blueblood (equally difficult, if not moreso, to get)
    Plan C: Rest is garbage to some of you....it is either a pud FCS team in the Fargodome and we just show up for warm weather tailgaiting, or it is a pud FCS away game that costs money to go to so destination doesn't matter.

Some of you are salty on things that I'm not sure we can expect much more. I guess it comes down to thinking the athletic department is genuinely sandbagging and preventing us from going FBS with opportunities out there and if that is the case I guess I don't know where to go with the conversation.
    Personally, I'm exploring the Nashville game because it's something that I can sell to my wife as a mini-vacation. The game might not generate a ton of excitement for me but I'm definitely more excited about playing Tennessee St. in Nashville in 2025 than playing them in the dome next year. I completely understand the predicament that scheduling presents currently. What current FCS schools would offer an interesting home and home in the ooc? There's maybe 3-4 in the Big Sky, there's maybe a couple in the CAA depending on what your idea of interesting travel locations are, same for the SoCon, outside of that the options are very, very limited. I give the admin credit for at least trying with the Target Field, US Bank Stadium and now Nashville games that have been scheduled. They at least give the fan base something unique to experience. It's also an opportunity to hopefully show an FBS conference the potential fanbase that would come with adding NDSU to their conference. It's not perfect by any means but I view it as a valid attempt to maximize interest and enthusiasm and hopefully benefit from it in the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixen View Post
    Haha this is another issue. Who do we truly get excited about playing in Non-conference at this point? Both Montanas I imagine but after them? I guess whoever is a top 10 projected for the year but that by definition is likely not a blueblood at this point and these games are scheduled years out so the revolving door of relevant non-bluebloods could be a dud by the time we play them.

It's FBS, a Montana team, or an FCS dud. Might as well make it a fun location if we have to go with Plan C.
    Agree... To your point, eastern washington was in a good spot when we scheduled them. 3-8 last year.

taper is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    Not being a smartass but why is that hard? Because they go for the bigger payout game instead of us?
    Most schools are afraid of a loss so either won't schedule good teams or demand outrageous payouts. I think it's important to respect schools that are willing to schedule home and homes like EWU, Montana, Weber, Delaware, etc. The problem with paying whatever it takes to bring in good teams is that becomes the new normal. All of a sudden SWAC and Pioneer teams demand the same, then good teams start demanding even more.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    Not being a smartass but why is that hard? Because they go for the bigger payout game instead of us?
    If we're looking for buy games, yes.

A team like Delaware can get a local buy game at Navy or Temple paying far more than we would.
    Home and home is the way to make this happen, but all things being equal schools will favor playing teams that are closer with lower travel costs. The eastern regions in particular have a lot of other options.

Now, if we were willing to do Home and Home and kick in some of those travel costs, that might open more doors.

University of Incarnate Word - make it happen!

Bison fans could see a different city in Texas, Riverwalk area is fun!
    Was reading Sam Herder and he mentioned UIW already has NIL
    in place. The new young Head Coach was certainly successful getting commits from the Transfer Portal. They at least have a chance to be a strong program.

If there is a better/larger stadium UIW could access, that might be an idea.
    iirc their stadium has a running track and only holds about 5-6 thousand.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    University of Incarnate Word - make it happen!

Bison fans could see a different city in Texas, Riverwalk area is fun!
    Was reading Sam Herder and he mentioned UIW already has NIL
    in place. The new young Head Coach was certainly successful getting commits from the Transfer Portal. They at least have a chance to be a strong program.

If there is a better/larger stadium UIW could access, that might be an idea.
    iirc their stadium has a running track and only holds about 5-6 thousand.
    That could be our next fbs game
    Their trajectory is to fbs in my opinion
    TRUST THE PROCESS

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Fair enough. I guess it is their "home" stadium. Just not going to expect the normal herd of NDSU fans as based on the obvious reaction or lack thereof.
    Based on my friends group there is a lot of interest in this game. Nashville is a HOT destination right now. We have a very active watch group there. A decent number of alumni within 4-6 hours (Chicago, Indy, St. Louis, Memphis, Louisville, Cincinnati, Atlanta, Charlotte) plus those who will travel to Nashville.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

No one seemed to care too much about our opponent at Target Field. Well, actually a few here complained when it was announced. One of the funnest Bison games/weekends Ive been to.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    No one seemed to care too much about our opponent at Target Field. Well, actually a few here complained when it was announced. One of the funnest Bison games/weekends Ive been to.
    Little different for that one. Destination game yes. But an easy trip for a good majority of the fan base... We knew what it was game wise...
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]