Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Signee: AJ Heins

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default 2023 Signee: AJ Heins

AJ Heins, 6-1 290. New commit from New Salem, ND. Team won the state 9 man championship this season.

Guessing a PWO, but not positive.

https://twitter.com/NDSUfootball/sta...mAYdWLZilUVBmg

Default Re: 2022 Signee: AJ Heins

Two time returning state heavyweight champion wrestler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If God didn’t want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?

Quote Originally Posted by westriver bison View Post
    Two time returning state heavyweight champion wrestler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good get !! Wrestling develops quick feet, balance, plus he's already a load. He'll become an even bigger load, post Kramer, and stronger. He's not from Florida which means he owns a parka. Welcome, AJ !!!!!

It seems like the smaller the North Dakota town, the better the player is. New Salem is population 973. I once lived in an apartment complex larger than that.

6-1, 290. Not tall so probably center, guard or DT

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    It seems like the smaller the North Dakota town, the better the player is. New Salem is population 973. I once lived in an apartment complex larger than that.

6-1, 290. Not tall so probably center, guard or DT
    I'm hoping DT.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    I'm hoping DT.
    Hoping for another Schaetz!
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    I'm hoping DT.
    Its the only position that makes sense. You dont want a kid who plays 9 man to have to be the center. Thats a streep learning curve. He's too short to play guard. Most of our guards are 6-4 or taller

He is built like Schaetz and Steidl. 6-1 to 6-2, 290. If the kid grows an inch and can hit 300, he's quite the athlete.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Can't beat a ND farm kid for work ethic and chances of him transferring if he becomes a stud are low. I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Its the only position that makes sense. You dont want a kid who plays 9 man to have to be the center. Thats a streep learning curve. He's too short to play guard. Most of our guards are 6-4 or taller

He is built like Schaetz and Steidl. 6-1 to 6-2, 290. If the kid grows an inch and can hit 300, he's quite the athlete.
    Ya center was a tough position for tanner volsen from Drake/Anamoose

Quote Originally Posted by garbageman View Post
    Ya center was a tough position for tanner volsen from Drake/Anamoose
    Actually it was tough. He didnt start at center until his redshirt junior year. He was also 3 inches taller than AJ. Its called player develpment.