Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: McFeely: Time for NDSU to jump into NIL pool

Default Re: McFeely: Time for NDSU to jump into NIL pool

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Thats a nice thought and might work at the FCS level. But Greed is going to raise its ugly head when some star player figures out that alot of money he would be getting is going to non rev athletes. Youre also going get players who wont want to be in a collective and want to go independent. Its going to happen.

Plus NIL collectives can be sport specific. I dont see how the big donors are going to agree to take the money they want to go to get FB players and shuffle some off to
    womens softball.
    I agree with this as well, HOWEVER, Team Makers isnt automatically sport specific either and we all still support it, right? If someone comes in and donates a full scholarship straight to softball (or whatever) football theoretically gets a portion of that unused scholarship $$$ the school WAS going to give that softball player.

But I still agree, Start with football, then add other teams if there is enough interest. But I still think NDSU is uniquely positioned to support all the athletes when compared to other schools. The community support of NDSU athletics is absolutely Bonkers, even if you dont include football.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    Pretty sure it's a conference rule not allowing FCOA.
    Did that change because UND was in the Big Sky when announced they were giving FCOA shortly after NDSU did. https://skylinesportsmt.com/und-beco...to-offer-fcoa/
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Did that change because UND was in the Big Sky when announced they were giving FCOA shortly after NDSU did. https://skylinesportsmt.com/und-beco...to-offer-fcoa/
    I still don't think any BSC team offers FCOA. Not a problem for und, they just dip into the general fund if they need money.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    I still don't think any BSC team offers FCOA. Not a problem for und, they just dip into the general fund if they need money.
    Letter from Wichita State's new AD explains NIL and how it will work at Wichita State. Lots of good info in there that can be applied at NDSU. Does anyone know if we offer athletes Alston Academic Funds?

https://goshockers.com/news/2022/8/2...ita-state.aspx