Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: McFeely: Time for NDSU to jump into NIL pool

Default Re: McFeely: Time for NDSU to jump into NIL pool

And now bow to your robot overload. [emoji6]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I don't think you have to worry about that.
    I'll start Monday. thanks TAB
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    I'll donate as well but not if Lakes is any way involved in the organization/management of the NIL fund.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    If NDSU does it, it'll be for all sports. Seems to be the theme and I'm all for it.
    I don’t want to waste my money on non revenue sports. I only want to see money going to Football and basketball. The rest of the sports are subsidized enough already and are lucky colleges still fund them.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    If NDSU does it, it'll be for all sports. Seems to be the theme and I'm all for it.
    Thats a nice thought and might work at the FCS level. But Greed is going to raise its ugly head when some star player figures out that alot of money he would be getting is going to non rev athletes. Youre also going get players who wont want to be in a collective and want to go independent. Its going to happen.

Plus NIL collectives can be sport specific. I dont see how the big donors are going to agree to take the money they want to go to get FB players and shuffle some off to
    womens softball.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Thats a nice thought and might work at the FCS level. But Greed is going to raise its ugly head when some star player figures out that alot of money he would be getting is going to non rev athletes. Youre also going get players who wont want to be in a collective and want to go independent. Its going to happen.

Plus NIL collectives can be sport specific. I dont see how the big donors are going to agree to take the money they want to go to get FB players and shuffle some off to
    womens softball.
    NDSU has never won recruiting athletes like that whenever they have tried.

When they quit bringing them in was when football really took off.

Default McFeely: Time for NDSU to jump into NIL pool

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post

Ooh ooh. Secret bison formula. Get athletes who are good. But would rather win as a team.

And work with Kramer.

As Chas rides the “Helmut” car.

Shhh. Don’t tell UN_ies.

Ahhhhh When did NDSU get in to money battles over recruits? Some history on this would be helpful.

For clarity most of my post was in reference to FBS. Not NDSU.

But you can bet that there will be donors who will want their money going to football.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Ahhhhh When did NDSU get in to money battles over recruits?
    Better yet to know.

Of the athletes “worth” money?

Who battled for us?

Better yet to know.

Of the athletes “worth” money?

Who battled for us?
    No. You made the claim so be specific.