Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: McFeely: Time for NDSU to jump into NIL pool

Default Re: McFeely: Time for NDSU to jump into NIL pool

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    That's the only part I'm not sure how this would work. Otherwise it's just like Teammakers. Are the schools foundations distributing the NIL deals directly to the athlete's or thru the school? I don't understand how it's working.
    It has to go directly to the players. Some schools have hired positions and created learning programs to help the players understand the rules, etc.

I think the players could pool together and do something cool on social media for advertising.

Example lets say 50 players pool together and agree to promote something on social media. The business pays x amount and as a return, all the players have to post it to instagram, facebook, twitter, tik tok, etc and split the cost... Lets say the business spends 5 grand on an advertising campaign and 50 players participate. That's $100 per player. Not much but if you do it 25-50 times that's 2500 to 5 grand. And there is value to an advertiser because 50 players have quite the social media reach

Of course the bigger named players are less likely to do it. Cam Miller, Hunter Luepke, Phoenix Sproles and Tamarick Williams are going to command more money than your backup punter, so they may not participate.

I don't mind stuff like this because they players are offering a service

The Gophers are doing something where fans can join for $200 and get exclusive access. Not sure what 'exclusive access means" but it could be autographs or meet and greets.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    That's the only part I'm not sure how this would work. Otherwise it's just like Teammakers. Are the schools foundations distributing the NIL deals directly to the athlete's or thru the school? I don't understand how it's working.
    In Ohio State's case they're trying to argue they deserve 501(c)3 status because they're using donated money to "promote and expand awareness for charities". Stole this from @MattBrownEP's twitter (great follow btw if you're interested in the business side of college athletics and realignment):

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I think the players could pool together and do something cool on social media for advertising.

Example lets say 50 players pool together and agree to promote something on social media. The business pays x amount and as a return, all the players have to post it to instagram, facebook, twitter, tik tok, etc and split the cost... Lets say the business spends 5 grand on an advertising campaign and 50 players participate. That's $100 per player. Not much but if you do it 25-50 times that's 2500 to 5 grand. And there is value to an advertiser because 50 players have quite the social media reach

Of course the bigger named players are less likely to do it. Cam Miller, Hunter Luepke, Phoenix Sproles and Tamarick Williams are going to command more money than your backup punter, so they may not participate.

I don't mind stuff like this because they players are offering a service

The Gophers are doing something where fans can join for $200 and get exclusive access. Not sure what 'exclusive access means" but it could be autographs or meet and greets.
    You get to row the boat! DUH!!!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    With today's social media, players pulling in $100K that don't perform had better be prepared for nasty comments.
    They will cry all the way to the bank.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    They will cry all the way to the bank.
    Pretty sure I've said some pretty mean things about kids who aren't getting paid too lol
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Pretty sure I've said some pretty mean things about kids who aren't getting paid too lol
    I remember posting a thread in 2012 or 13 wondering at what point should the BIson consider switching punt returners temporarily after Christian Dudzik had 4-5 muff punts in 2 weeks. the doods a 1st ballot Bison HOFer and You would have thought I had personally called for the murder of him and his dog for asking such an unspeakable question
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    You get to row the boat! DUH!!!
    Or they get "exclusive access" to the laundry room when it's time to wash the uniforms.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Or they get "exclusive access" to the laundry room when it's time to wash the uniforms.

Or good seats to premium games..........Hmmmm?

All it would take is some aging multi millionaire wanting to see his FCS school win a title and spend like 2 million dollars... You dont think our 10 best players would all bolt to Illinois State for 200k each their senior year?