Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
Well if that's the way it goes then I'll cease to be a fan. I'm all for finding a way to remove the full financial burden of a DI student athlete because it is a 365 days a year commitment now that leaves little time for anything else. If we have a Wentz, Trey, Christian type athlete that can make some extra scratch for appearing in TV ads then great. Being part of a pay to play scheme where we bid for athletes is not something I will support.
This seems pretty rich coming from McF. He’d be on the other side of the issue criticizing NDSU if they were trying to do too much too quickly.

Most of his FBS and NIL drama in paragraph is more about, “look how smart I am” from McF. He acts like he’s on the leading edge of these issues, but really he’s a late adapter. He talks about FBS stuff like it’s his idea, while he is way behind the curve. I usually feel dumber reading his stuff, and this is no exception.

NDSU will do what it needs to do when the timing is right. As for raising money to basically give out another stipend to everyone? That seems like a losing proposition. It’s supposed to be about players exploring their marketability. The most marketable athlete on campus is probably Grant Nelson or Cam Miller, was previously Christian Watson.