Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2022-2023 season

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2022-2023 season

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Oof...yeah that doesn't sound good.
    That quote is a little out of context, I interviewed her for my podcast and when I asked her about choosing NDSU she said she wanted to go somewhere where she could play right away and contribute as a Freshman and not have to sit on the bench for a couple of years. That's what she's referencing in that quote.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    That quote is a little out of context, I interviewed her for my podcast and when I asked her about choosing NDSU she said she wanted to go somewhere where she could play right away and contribute as a Freshman and not have to sit on the bench for a couple of years. That's what she's referencing in that quote.
    Which would be NDSU in her younger years, and could very likely mean a P5 school next year or later… Obviously hope she stays, but even if her statement was something like “I chose NDSU and I am committed to staying here through my entire college experience…” That still wouldn’t rule out a transfer in today’s environment, IMO. She’s not even saying that, though…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Which would be NDSU in her younger years, and could very likely mean a P5 school next year or later… Obviously hope she stays, but even if her statement was something like “I chose NDSU and I am committed to staying here through my entire college experience…” That still wouldn’t rule out a transfer in today’s environment, IMO. She’s not even saying that, though…
    She will stay, got an up and coming team around her and things will only continue to get better. Fingers crossed she stays....
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    She will stay, got an up and coming team around her and things will only continue to get better. Fingers crossed she stays....
    Oh yeah - fingers crossed she stays for sure. I’m 50/50 at this point that she will… Same with Nelson, fwiw…

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Oh yeah - fingers crossed she stays for sure. I’m 50/50 at this point that she will… Same with Nelson, fwiw…
    I think she stays because she wanted to be here and because nobody is offering $100K+ NIL deals in the women's game like they do the men's to draw them away. The SL is a great women's hoops league.

Nelson I'm less worried about transferring and more worried about just straight up going to the NBA. But that discussion point is in the men's thread to debate that

I think she stays because she wanted to be here and because nobody is offering $100K+ NIL deals in the women's game like they do the men's to draw them away. The SL is a great women's hoops league.

Nelson I'm less worried about transferring and more worried about just straight up going to the NBA. But that discussion point is in the men's thread to debate that
    Yep sorry for the drift and good point about Women’s NIL being significantly less.

Okay...that does make sense...thanks for clarifying.

As for Nelson, I can't give myself any hope he is playing for the Bison next year. He'll probably lose that commercial money he's been making, but I think he'll take a chance...

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Okay...that does make sense...thanks for clarifying.

As for Nelson, I can't give myself any hope he is playing for the Bison next year. He'll probably lose that commercial money he's been making, but I think he'll take a chance...
    Maybe if Nodak starts printing giant checks a la Happy Gilmore he’ll decide to stay…

BlueKeyAlum is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Kind of off-topic but I’ll drop this here as we beat them this year. The Lindsay Whalen Experiment at the U of M is over. Goohers lost their B1G tourney opener to Penn State. Today AD Coyle announced that Whalen would be relinquishing her coaching responsibilities and work as Special Assistant to the AD until her contract extension is up in 2025. Goohers had a talented frosh class and there might be an incentive to move quickly on this search to keep them out of transfer portal.
    "I’m not familiar precisely with what I said, but I’ll stand by what I said, whatever it was.” --- Mitt Romney

"That which doesn't kill you, hurts." -- me