Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What if???

Default Re: What if???

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    What if Brock Jensen sat out sick with the flu against Georgia Southern and Wentz got his first start?
    great question. the flu game was GSU#1 correct? not the second?
    hmmmm... Id say we would have won #1 as I dont recall Brock having to make huge throws to win that game, but that run sticks out in my mind. Wentz would have scored on that run as well I'd guess.
    #2? Probably not? idk

My what-if was "what if Wentz was made the starter when the 'is the backup better than the starter?' chatter started (2012ish?)" Does NDSU win the 12 and 13 title? do they beat Kansas State with a 3rd year starter in carson wentz?
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

What if there wasn't the worst personal foul penalty called on the wrong team that killed a promising drive at Eastern Washington in the 2010 playoffs before the questionable fumble call? Would the 2011 team and future teams still have the same fire in their belly?
    It's OK to not be OK.

What if they lost to Montana in 2002?

What if they never hired Darrell Mudra?

What if there was never an NDAC?

Would we all be fawker fans now?

My god this has turned into a nightmare damn you PC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    What if Gene Taylor stayed?

Probably the most impactful "what if" posted so far.

What if Craig Bohl had eyebrows?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    What if there wasn't the worst personal foul penalty called on the wrong team that killed a promising drive at Eastern Washington in the 2010 playoffs before the questionable fumble call? Would the 2011 team and future teams still have the same fire in their belly?
    To me, that's the biggest "what if", but "What if NDSU had gotten a QB to sign before Brock Jensen?" is up there too.

Edit: In 2009, I didn't try to guess at position so I don't know who the two or three QBs we targeted before Jensen were, but I do know that one of them went to Central Michigan where he threw 4 passes and completed 3 of them (but 2 were to the other team.) He ended up switching positions and contributing there.

Bonus Edit: Another QB target ended up going to Notre Dame for hockey (Anders Lee) and is team captain for the Islanders.

What if we had been accepted to the Big Sky?

Also, what if they hadn't removed the lighting bolt when they redid the mascot logo?
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    What if we had been accepted to the Big Sky?

Also, what if they hadn't removed the lighting bolt when they redid the mascot logo?
    Oh that's a BIG ONE! Can you imagine NDSU and SDSU in the Big Sky and then the Gateway taking UND/USD? I just don't think NDSU would've thrived in the Big Sky - it'd have hit recruiting and the game times of away games would have made a TV deal a lot less attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Oh that's a BIG ONE! Can you imagine NDSU and SDSU in the Big Sky and then the Gateway taking UND/USD? I just don't think NDSU would've thrived in the Big Sky - it'd have hit recruiting and the game times of away games would have made a TV deal a lot less attractive.
    That was the big question? Nay, nay. If the lightning bolt had not been removed...I daresay we would not have lost another game...at all...not one. Players would no longer have been mortal. The first round of the NFL draft would be a fight for which NDSU player would go first. SEC teams would be trying to claw their way into the MVFC. Chapman would emerge once again as the supreme emperor...and the Bison would rule football at all levels. The Superbowl would send the NFL's greatest team of the year against NDSU's second string...and the games wouldn't be close. Even Pat Sweeney would become a Bison fan.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

What if we didn’t have to play on kitty litter with a 3rd string quarterback?
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN