Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jacksonville State 80 million stadium upgrade w/built in student housing

Default Jacksonville State 80 million stadium upgrade w/built in student housing

https://thebamabuzz.com/jacksonville...on-to-stadium/

If you want students to go to games, have them live at the stadium!

They blew an opportunity to put balconies facing the field

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Default Re: Jacksonville State 80 million stadium upgrade w/built in student housing

Imagine if Nebraska had done this in 1960??? Those dorms would have 2 decks on top of them by now and would've been sold to Warren Buffet for eleventy-kajillion dollars.

EDIT: I'd also imagine this would be a "creative" way to use state dollars earmarked for student housing to renovate your football stadium.

Default Re: Jacksonville State 80 million stadium upgrade w/built in student housing

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Imagine if Nebraska had done this in 1960??? Those dorms would have 2 decks on top of them by now and would've been sold to Warren Buffet for eleventy-kajillion dollars.

EDIT: I'd also imagine this would be a "creative" way to use state dollars earmarked for student housing to renovate your football stadium.
    How do we do that with the dome lol

Put like a 7 story dorm attached to the dome and then build a convention center underneath it or a big donor room worh all the amenities lol They could have a skyway going to the SHAC

Although this would be a great idea for this
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...my-crazy-ideas

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

So when the students leave at halftime, where do they go? Home?
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Brings new meaning to the phrase, "this is our house"

At first I didn’t think the kids would like the lack of privacy. Then I remembered that JSU’s “20,000” attendance numbers are just made up and they really only have like 3500 butts in seats.

Might help season ticket sales if parents can figure out which room is their kids’ and they can keep an eye on them 6-7 Saturdays in the fall.

Honestly I love the idea, but where is their concourse there? There’s no bathrooms, concessions, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    At first I didn’t think the kids would like the lack of privacy. Then I remembered that JSU’s “20,000” attendance numbers are just made up and they really only have like 3500 butts in seats.

Might help season ticket sales if parents can figure out which room is their kids’ and they can keep an eye on them 6-7 Saturdays in the fall.

Honestly I love the idea, but where is their concourse there? There’s no bathrooms, concessions, etc.
    Heres my new and improved version for Bison Title Town Park

Build a new soccer stadium where the Rugby Field sits. Build student housing into the stands. Dacotah Field works but it has a D2 vibe

Use the field as part of the title town complex and build a compex around it. It could have an outdoor / indoor plaza to use for football tailgating, baseball, softball, soccer and outdoor track

Build an 40k sq foot indoor tailgating wonderland building with a Bison Museum, restaurant and include fun amenities like an indoor ferris wheel (scheels), mini golf, basketball court, pool hall, volleyball and other sports themed games

Outdoor amenities include an ice skating rink, sliding hill, food truck court , beach volleyball, basketball courts, kids playground and a pool.

Then lease the land to a hotel that will have built in traffic for Fargodomee concerts, football games, Red Hawks baseball, Bison Baseball, Basketball, softball and track & field. It will all be within walking distance

The Thunder Alley is cool for kids but this would offer a year round facility that is next level. It would actually attract fans for non revenue sports

Get NDSU, the Park District, private donors and private businesses to partner. We could even have the park district rent out the field to youth sports. How cool could youth camps be?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    How many Northland Community and Technical College students will you be able to fit into that Expressway Inn knockoff? Gotta admire that UND has planned the appropriate amount of seating capacity though.

North Dakota would only go for that if you replaced the dorm rooms with prison cells - possibly to incarcerate people who read unapproved books, dance, or dance while reading unapproved books.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post

It looks like the concessions are all at one end. Maybe they let you wander into the dorms for the restrooms.
    It's OK to not be OK.