Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Season Ticket Renewals

Default Re: Season Ticket Renewals

I was told that the most exciting football matchups in existence were those between NDSU and the MVFC, and other FCS conferences! I was promised that this was the peak of the mountain top in terms of titanic on-the-field matchups, and was assured that ripping teams limb from limb who have 1/10th the budget as NDSU will never grow stale- because we play for REAL National Championships!

Since these are irrefutable facts, what could possibly be causing this steady, but not so slow decline in ticket demand over the last 5-6 seasons?? Its a question that philosophers will ponder for eons. a true mystery, wrapped in an enigma. If only there were, say, thousands of years of data comparing how much of something there is and its relation to how much folks of a particular market want that same thing, and how human nature can affect how much you appreciate that exact same thing, over time. But alas... there is not
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    There are not really that many of the expensive seats open:

$2750 Donation, 32 seats
    $2063 Donation, 29 seats
    $1375 Donation, 17 seats
    $825 Donation, none
    $675 Donation, none
    $475 Donation, none
    $450 Donation, 16 seats
    $275 Donation, 6 seats
    $150 Donation, 80 seats

The rest of them have a $50 donation required. Most of these are in the end zones. Without counting, it appears that they sold a lot of these since yesterday morning when I looked.
    In spite of all the moaning, and all the issues we've faced in the world, it still looks like things are on track to sell these out before the season starts.
    Sorry, but I don't think the sky is falling here.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    In spite of all the moaning, and all the issues we've faced in the world, it still looks like things are on track to sell these out before the season starts.
    Sorry, but I don't think the sky is falling here.
    most of us are in the stage of buying them and hoping for the FBS payoff.... at least we are....same as buying men's basketball tickets hoping for a new coach/system & excitement..... which will happen first?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    I was told that the most exciting football matchups in existence were those between NDSU and the MVFC, and other FCS conferences! I was promised that this was the peak of the mountain top in terms of titanic on-the-field matchups, and was assured that ripping teams limb from limb who have 1/10th the budget as NDSU will never grow stale- because we play for REAL National Championships!

Since these are irrefutable facts, what could possibly be causing this steady, but not so slow decline in ticket demand over the last 5-6 seasons?? Its a question that philosophers will ponder for eons. a true mystery, wrapped in an enigma. If only there were, say, thousands of years of data comparing how much of something there is and its relation to how much folks of a particular market want that same thing, and how human nature can affect how much you appreciate that exact same thing, over time. But alas... there is not
    ur an idiot if u think people are as excited about playing the redbirds salukis penguins panthers or even the jacks today as they were 10 years ago. how can u not see that?

Quote Originally Posted by Minimum8Pete View Post
    ur an idiot if u think people are as excited about playing the redbirds salukis penguins panthers or even the jacks today as they were 10 years ago. how can u not see that?
    yes, I agree with you haha, that is exactly why people arent wrestling eachother for tickets anymore. even 6-7 years ago, the only chance you had at nabbing tix was being the lucky 4th caller on 1660, and now we have 5,000 empty seats in the Quarters against a new team. sad, really.

Btw, purple means heavy sarcasm. Youre new here so you get a pass on that one, also I am deeply deeply sarcastic and can hold a grudge like no ones business, so take literally everything I say with a grain of salt the size of a toyota corolla
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

When Oregon and Washington leave the Pac-12, the Pac-12 is going to need NDSU and Montana.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Puetz View Post
    When Oregon and Washington leave the Pac-12, the Pac-12 is going to need NDSU and Montana.
    Not going to happen but I'd LOVE being able to drive only 90 minutes to see a game in Corvallis or 4 hours to see them play in the Palouse.

...or 6 hours to the Smurf Turf because the Broncos will be getting a call way before us.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Puetz View Post
    MWC maybe; PAC 12 .......don't think so.

So there is a small chance I might get better seats when they open single-game tickets to Team Makers who don't have season tickets? Normally the tickets we get are in something like row GG in the end zone.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    There are not really that many of the expensive seats open:

$2750 Donation, 32 seats
    $2063 Donation, 29 seats
    $1375 Donation, 17 seats
    $825 Donation, none
    $675 Donation, none
    $475 Donation, none
    $450 Donation, 16 seats
    $275 Donation, 6 seats
    $150 Donation, 80 seats

The rest of them have a $50 donation required. Most of these are in the end zones. Without counting, it appears that they sold a lot of these since yesterday morning when I looked.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Minimum8Pete View Post
    Either I misread his post or you did. I'm going with: you did. He's on your side.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.