Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Season Ticket Renewals

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Season Ticket Renewals

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    There's a silver lining. I wish the student section wasn't so decimated though and would still like to see sell outs by GameDay. Attendance trends are showing at this level NDSU has plateaued and interest is declining. A move up is needed, anything else is just a bandaid.
    I think interest in NDSU football is plenty high. I do think those who filled the dome 5-6 years ago may have other things going on....kids activities, life changes, etc. For example, I have 2 kids going opposite directions in the fall for activities, makes it difficult to get to the games. Doesn't mean my interest in the program has declined.

I'm guessing it's a similar story with many fans. Although, yes, driving 200 miles each way for a game against Drake isn't all that appealing.

But with a MWC schedule we double it.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    But with a MWC schedule we double it.
    Makes me laugh every time for a variety of reasons. #1 being the MWC doesn't need or want NDSU (thread drift).

There may not be a new generation of younger fans to replace people like Daddy Daycare who get busy with their kids' activities.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    I think interest in NDSU football is plenty high. I do think those who filled the dome 5-6 years ago may have other things going on....kids activities, life changes, etc. For example, I have 2 kids going opposite directions in the fall for activities, makes it difficult to get to the games. Doesn't mean my interest in the program has declined.

I'm guessing it's a similar story with many fans. Although, yes, driving 200 miles each way for a game against Drake isn't all that appealing.
    It's OK to not be OK.

I guess I’m the oddball since I’ll be giving my tickets to the UND game away (to Bison fans, of course) ...

You are right; driving (actually 240 miles one way) isn't appealing, but I do it.

So what you're saying is that the demographics of our fanbase has a gap that it didn't used to have. That is an enthusiasm drop no matter how we want to rationalize it.

Surely there were busy fans with young kids or whatever 5-6 years ago, and yet tickets were hard to come by anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    You are right; driving (actually 240 miles one way) isn't appealing, but I do it.
    Same for me! Bison fans are spoiled. Nebraska fans drive from all over their state to consistently fill a 90,000 seat stadium and the Huskers have struggled for the past 20 years!

Ya honesty really hurts sometimes on this board, doesn't it. Go against the grain and drop some different opinions and whooooo boy lookout.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    I guess I’m the oddball since I’ll be giving my tickets to the UND game away (to Bison fans, of course) ...
    samesies..
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?