Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Verbal: CharMar Brown AKA Marty

Default Re: 2023 Verbal: CharMar Brown AKA Marty

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Bruce Anderson and possibly Dunn are the last 2 that come to mind for me.
    Yes—agreed and there are a few others of course.

My point/position is partly/also having dynamic RB depth.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Bruce Anderson and possibly Dunn are the last 2 that come to mind for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Yes—agreed and there are a few others of course.

My point/position is partly/also having dynamic RB depth.
    TaMerik Williams is that guy. He was honorable mention All-MVFC despite only having 74 carries on the season. He was on NFL radars prior to the season and I suspect he will be this coming spring/summer as well as an undrafted free agent type prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    TaMerik Williams is that guy. He was honorable mention All-MVFC despite only having 74 carries on the season. He was on NFL radars prior to the season and I suspect he will be this coming spring/summer as well as an undrafted free agent type prospect.
    He’s fairly explosive and physical, but not my definition of dynamic.

A couple of others we have had are Brooks and the Tazz.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yep, kinda forgot about Brooks and didn't mention Crockett as he was before Anderson and Dunn.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

TMac is a bell cow with great straight line speed. In the open field he's gone but not shifty or able to zig zag through a defense like Ty Brooks did. Ty is probably top 5 all time for me. He's like a modern version of Tony Satter. Luepke doesnt have the straight line speed or shiftiness and he doesnt break a ton of long TDs but he's a red zone or short yardage stud

Crockett and Bruuuce were my definition of dynamic. Bruce was a great receiver too. Kobe has shown flashes

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    TMac is a bell cow with great straight line speed. In the open field he's gone but not shifty or able to zig zag through a defense like Ty Brooks did. Ty is probably top 5 all time for me. He's like a modern version of Tony Satter. Luepke doesnt have the straight line speed or shiftiness and he doesnt break a ton of long TDs but he's a red zone or short yardage stud

Crockett and Bruuuce were my definition of dynamic. Bruce was a great receiver too. Kobe has shown flashes
    Agree for the most part on all of this, but will add that Luepke just has a sense/feel for where “soft” spots are when he is running down hill. Difficult to see and understand, but it’s there. And he also has illusive speed, and has shown many times breakaway speed. Also on Luepke: his performance against JMU in semis last year seems to get lost in shuffle. One of the best one-man shows we have ever seen IMO. He has a really good feel and sense when running wheel-route, which he did to perfection in JMU game. A lot of our other RBs just run the pattern with no instinct or adjustment. Some things can’t be taught. Intangibles IOW.
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Agree for the most part on all of this, but will add that Luepke just has a sense/feel for where “soft” spots are when he is running down hill. Difficult to see and understand, but it’s there. And he also has illusive speed, and has shown many times breakaway speed. Also on Luepke: his performance against JMU in semis last year seems to get lost in shuffle. One of the best one-man shows we have ever seen IMO. He has a really good feel and sense when running wheel-route, which he did to perfection in JMU game. A lot of our other RBs just run the pattern with no instinct or adjustment. Some things can’t be taught. Intangibles IOW.

Agree with everything you said here except his sense for soft spots. When he is running downhill EVERYTHING is a soft spot IMHO.

Carry on.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Agree with everything you said here except his sense for soft spots. When he is running downhill EVERYTHING is a soft spot IMHO.

Carry on.
    Yeah—he has an “easiness” to his style, rarely takes a big hit, and finds extra yards. I personally would be pumped to see him play for us one last time, but fully understand and accept if it doesn’t happen. I’m also OK with never having had the “opportunity” to try to tackle him.

I enjoy physical football—>>First ballot NDSU HOF for me.
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Yeah—he has an “easiness” to his style, rarely takes a big hit, and finds extra yards. I personally would be pumped to see him play for us one last time, but fully understand and accept if it doesn’t happen. I’m also OK with never having had the “opportunity” to try to tackle him.

I enjoy physical football—>>First ballot NDSU HOF for me.
    Agreed on Leupke. I think most (if not all NDSU fans) have a soft spot in their hearts for when he was going in for a touchdown against Montana State and instead of going to his left to avoid the contact he went right and trucked the DB. He had himself a day in the national championship too (14 carries for 82 yards and 3 TD's).

100% agree that I hope we get to see him suit up for NDSU again.

Dewey

I too would really love to see Hunter strap it up again with Bison FB but only if he is fully healthy. Absent that I think I would rather see him leverage that Senior Bowl invite he has in hand.
    Don't believe everything you think.