Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: 2022-2023 Season

Default Re: 2022-2023 Season

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I watched practice...they pretty much are, at least 1 on 1. I think Grant missed one shot in full team drills the whole time I was there and Andrew Morgan will score nearly every time he's left one on one in the post. It was only practice and we were only playing 1 on 1 defense so no double teams were coming at them but I don't think there's anybody in the Summit League that can stop either of those guys 1 on 1.
    I’ll be watching/paying attention when it’s 5 v. 5—that’s actually BB after all. And I’ve also watched/observed “practices”.

Hoping they do well this year.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I’ll be watching/paying attention when it’s 5 v. 5—that’s actually BB after all. And I’ve also watched/observed “practices”.

Hoping they do well this year.
    We all hope they do well, CAS. It will be an uphill battle this year for the ballers. Looking forward to seeing you at the tailgate Saturday. SD has assured me that the Jag bombs will flow free and easy. Love jag bombs......what's wrong with me?

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Any chance someone redshirts this year?
    If anybody redshirts my guess would be either Waddles or Hastreiter, Waddles just because of how many guards we have right now, Hastreiter would probably be the one to benefit the most from it.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I surely HOOOOPPPEEEE our FRESHMEN GUARDS can be difference makers this year----Tajavis Miller and Damari Wheeler-Thomas

I don't feel great about our TRANSFERS we brought in to contribute

Wonder if teams will zone us and take away INSIDE game and dare us to shoot since our EXPERIENCE players returning are not great outside shooters

Our first two games I'll be happy if don't give up 100 points and lose by over 30 in each ARKANSAS AND KANSAS
    Last edited by Kujava23; 11-01-2022 at 08:50 PM.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    I surely HOOOOPPPEEEE are FRESHMEN GUARDS can be difference makers this year----Tajavis Miller and Damari Wheeler-Thomas

I don't feel great about our TRANSFERS we brought in to contribute

Wonder if teams will zone us and take away INSIDE game and dare us to shoot since our EXPERIENCE players returning are not great outside shooters

Our first two games I'll be happy if don't give up 100 points and lose by over 30 in each ARKANSAS AND KANSAS
    I think Jacari White is going to be a good player for us, he’s got a good all around game. Yoder is not exciting but he’ll be a solid role player. If Miller and Wheeler-Thomas are as good as Dave says they are we’ll be in damn good shape but I gotta see it first. The one thing with all the guys we brought in is that they can all shoot the 3, even Hastreiter is a good shooter. Should be a fun season…after the first two games anyway

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 17>1 View Post
    And no offense to the guys that actually stuck around or any of the new guys, but I'm not overly optimistic about this season. Me thinks paying through the nose for a ticket and the winterish road trip down there for a curb stomping isn't going to be best ROI. But I have always wanted to see a game there....decisions decisions.
    I changed my mind. Spotted some cheap tickets in the nose bleeds @Fogg Allen for like $20 something. Road trip to Lawrence on the 10th, Veteran's Day off on the 11th, head over to Carbondale by Saturday the 12th. Thought maybe I was done camping for the year but going to do some more I guess!!
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Not that it will matter, but KU suspended Bill Self and top assistant, Kurtis Townsend, for the first 4 games of the season. This includes our game in Lawrence. Norm Roberts will be the acting coach for the Jayhawks.

Suspensions are fallout from the FBI investigation that feels like its been going on for a decade.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Last year nearly all conf games were on ESPN+ Along with WDAY for those of us to the east. This years schedule not showing ESPN+. I hope that’s wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Last year nearly all conf games were on ESPN+ Along with WDAY for those of us to the east. This years schedule not showing ESPN+. I hope that’s wrong.
    Pretty sure that was the same deal as this time last year as I recall similar concerns then about the WDAY produced games being on ESPN+ so I'd hope it'll be the same result this year.

were there any games on WDAY Extra that were not on ESPN+ last year?