G J. White
    G L. Waddles
    G B. Skunberg
    F Streit
    F Hastreiter
    F Feddersen
    F Morgan
    F Nelson

pretty sure get 13 scholarships-------can't recruit another?? Will just save it?

Is Yoder a walk on?

So Bison can add 3 walkons for this years team....
    As far as I know all 12 are on scholarship for this season. We have 0 seniors so it makes sense to hang on to one scholarship. Will be interesting to see going forward if Nelson, Skunberg and McKinney use their covid year for an extra season or not. If they would we would only have 1 senior in Yoder next year as well which means we only have 2 scholarships for the next 2 years. McKinney also likely to use a medical redshirt this year so he could have 3 years left.

Default Re: 2022-2023 Season

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    As far as I know all 12 are on scholarship for this season. We have 0 seniors so it makes sense to hang on to one scholarship. Will be interesting to see going forward if Nelson, Skunberg and McKinney use their covid year for an extra season or not. If they would we would only have 1 senior in Yoder next year as well which means we only have 2 scholarships for the next 2 years. McKinney also likely to use a medical redshirt this year so he could have 3 years left.
    If recent history is any indication there will be attrition via transfer that will open up scholarships next year and the year after.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    If recent history is any indication there will be attrition via transfer that will open up scholarships next year and the year after.
    Yes, there is definitely that chance. I think the portal is going to slow down a bit going forward, maybe not next year but in 2 years or so I think it will level out. I don't know if anybody else ready the stats they just released Monday on it but only 1 in 11 players that entered the transfer portal moved up. Everybody else either moved laterally or down. On top of that 46%...yes nearly half, of all players that entered the portal will not be playing NCAA basketball this season. Yeah there's walk-ons and such that entered but even with that you're probably talking about 40% of the kids that entered the portal and were getting their school paid for now have no scholarship and no team. Kids are going to start thinking much harder about entering the portal.

2022-2023 Summit Schedule

Mon Dec 19 @ Western Ill
    Wed Dec 21 @ St Thomas
    Fri Dec 30 @ UND
    Thu Jan 5 SDSU
    Sat Jan 7 USD
    Thu Jan 12 @ Denver
    Sat Jan 14 @ Omaha
    Thu Jan 19 Oral Roberts
    Sat Jan 21 Kansas City
    Fri Jan 27 UND

Thu Feb 2 @ USD
    Sat Feb 4 @ SDSU
    Thu Feb 9 Omaha
    Sat Feb 11 Denver

Thu Feb 16 @ Kansas City
    Sat Feb 18 @ Oral Roberts
    Thu Feb 23 St Thomas
    Sat Feb 25 Western Ill

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    2022-2023 Summit Schedule

Mon Dec 19 @ Western Ill
    Wed Dec 21 @ St Thomas
    Fri Dec 30 @ UND
    Thu Jan 5 SDSU
    Sat Jan 7 USD
    Thu Jan 12 @ Denver
    Sat Jan 14 @ Omaha
    Thu Jan 19 Oral Roberts
    Sat Jan 21 Kansas City
    Fri Jan 27 UND

Thu Feb 2 @ USD
    Sat Feb 4 @ SDSU
    Thu Feb 9 Omaha
    Sat Feb 11 Denver

Thu Feb 16 @ Kansas City
    Sat Feb 18 @ Oral Roberts
    Thu Feb 23 St Thomas
    Sat Feb 25 Western Ill
    SDSU at home during winter break for the millionth time, why is it so difficult to play that game later?
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    NDSU gets $95,000 guarantee from Kansas and $90,000 from Arkansas.
    I wonder how tough of a ticket it is to get into Fogg Allen…
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 17>1 View Post
    I wonder how tough of a ticket it is to get into Fogg Allen…
    Very...though for an OOC mid-major it'll be a little easier to get but it'll still be very expensive

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Very...though for an OOC mid-major it'll be a little easier to get but it'll still be very expensive
    And no offense to the guys that actually stuck around or any of the new guys, but I'm not overly optimistic about this season. Me thinks paying through the nose for a ticket and the winterish road trip down there for a curb stomping isn't going to be best ROI. But I have always wanted to see a game there....decisions decisions.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 17>1 View Post
    And no offense to the guys that actually stuck around or any of the new guys, but I'm not overly optimistic about this season. Me thinks paying through the nose for a ticket and the winterish road trip down there for a curb stomping isn't going to be best ROI. But I have always wanted to see a game there....decisions decisions.
    I'm cautiously optimistic. We have two superstars in Grant Nelson and Andrew Morgan, and a really solid 2-way player in Skunberg. We just need some combination of the new guys to fill in the point and wing spots and we could be a very good team. A couple of the guys were pretty highly regarded recruits so if they play at a decently high level we should be very competitive. I'd be more optimistic if McKinney was a go but I doubt he plays this season.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    SDSU at home during winter break for the millionth time, why is it so difficult to play that game later?
    The Summit's scheduling is so stupid. Play with your travel partners (aka rivals) during the Christmas holiday. FFS some schools actually want their students to get involved during the season...

I get it that half of the conference is non-dakota commuter colleges but come on
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*