Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Answer Guy aka Vern Lysford

gotts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Answer Guy aka Vern Lysford

https://www.duborefuneralhome.com/obituary/Vern-Lysford

It's very fitting that the obituary so very accurately captures his unique sense of humor!

I've known Vern my entire life & wasn't necessarily fond of his style of humor in my early years, but I grew to appreciate it as I "matured" (just like his appreciation for NDSU ).

Rest in peace, thank you for showing us how to accept what we're dealt.
    Golden Rules of Bisonville:
    Being self-aware is knowing your head is firmly planted up your ass
    Never let facts get in the way of a good argument

Surefire Successful Bisonville Conversation Starters: Move to FBS, Scream Yellow, Zipper Merge, Pickleball Championships, Transfer Portal, The Rainforest, Fire Vigen Save Season, Fargodome Expansion, Toxic Locker Rooms, Marlboro Matt, Veer Offense, Whale of a Game, Rainin' Bitches, Frisco Cruiser Bus, BYU Fan Voting, Frisco is biased towards NDSU

Default Re: Answer Guy aka Vern Lysford

Quote Originally Posted by gotts View Post
    https://www.duborefuneralhome.com/obituary/Vern-Lysford

It's very fitting that the obituary so very accurately captures his unique sense of humor!

I've known Vern my entire life & wasn't necessarily fond of his style of humor in my early years, but I grew to appreciate it as I "matured" (just like his appreciation for NDSU ).

Rest in peace, thank you for showing us how to accept what we're dealt.
    Vern sure had a unique sense of humor and made me smile every time I read his posts or ran into him at tailgating. Loved reading his stuff back in the day on Bison media blog, stirring us all up to get a laugh. UND has rarely produced anything worthwhile, but he was the best they’ve had. RIP, Vern and condolences to all his family, including you, gotts.

I've been told Vern wrote his own obit. For me the tell is ...

He is survived by his long-suffering wife of 40 years, ...
    That's classic "Answer Guy" (aka VMeister).

RIP Answer Guy, always had something funny in his REP comments
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Vern had a final email that was to be sent out after his passing.

The last line in his good bye was----

P.S. If any of my Bison friends are reading this, please help them with the bigger words.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Looking at the Bisonville Digital Grave Site, it's sad how many people have died in the last 18 years I've been on this site. When I die, after a few years people will ask
    "Whatever happened to herdbot?" If I ever go a year without posting, assume I'm dead.

Anyways... RIP Answer Guy. I probably annoyed him a few times but I enjoyed his witt

Here's his last post on Bisonville

Quote Originally Posted by Answer Guy View Post
    The universe is barely 2,000 years old, bro.

Otherwise, the numbers would be larger.

Also, I'm Catholic...I won't be letting TAB do any of my snake handling.
    And a weird Bisonville tidbit. There is also an Answer Gay profile lol
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/memb...133-Answer-Gay

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Looking at the Bisonville Digital Grave Site, it's sad how many people have died in the last 18 years I've been on this site. When I die, after a few years people will ask
    "Whatever happened to herdbot?" If I ever go a year without posting, assume I'm dead.

Anyways... RIP Answer Guy. I probably annoyed him a few times but I enjoyed his witt

Here's his last post on Bisonville

And a weird Bisonville tidbit. There is also an Answer Gay profile lol
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/memb...133-Answer-Gay
    One of Chapo's alias's

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Isn’t it funny… I had no idea that he was related to two other people that I know, until I just read the obituary. I had no idea!
    I enjoyed him and his occasional messages. RIP Answer Guy!

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    One of Chapo's alias's

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    2011 was so 11 years ago, believe it or not, even I made Answer Guy laugh a time or 2 (he turned down the date to I beam and said to ask TAB instead. haha)

.. God rest his soul & condolences to his family
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

My first job after college was up in Grand Forks. I think I mentioned it on the sioux board and Vern invited me to a UND game, we had a blast...well, I did. UND pissed it down their leg. I took it easy on him. Got to see Kenny Golladay up close.

Stayed in touch with him ever since. A very fun guy who did sorta represented all that a rivalry is supposed to be. Fun, witty digs bag and forth, but mostly fun. He was an equal opportunity dunk artist.

He will be missed.
    College of Business Alumnus