Page 33 of 80 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Recruiting Updates

Default Re: 2024 Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    New 2024 NDSU Offer:

Rashad Godfrey - 6’ 2” 185 - CB - Seffner FL (Armwood)

https://247sports.com/player/rashad-godfrey-46138995/

Currently unrated by 247, listed as having 13 offers including Boston College, Duke, Tulane, Florida Atlantic, Coastal Carolina

Same high school as incoming Bison FR DB Jaylin Crumby
    Arkansas State latest to offer Godfrey

New 2024 Offer:

Jaylin Lackey
    @jaylin_lackey
    South Gwinnett HS | 3 ⭐️ 6’0 185 CB | 4.4 40 | 3.0 GPA |
    Snellville, GA

https://twitter.com/jaylin_lackey/st...383036426?s=20

Not rated yet by 247.
    25 offers listed

https://247sports.com/player/jaylin-lackey-46138318/

Another really popular recruit offered

New 2024 Offer:

Jude James - 6’ 4” 200 - WR - St Charles MO (Francis Howell HS)
    3 star rating by 247, ranks 22nd as a prospect in Missouri.
    16 offers listed here, including double digit FBS.
    St Charles is just west of St Louis and is the home of FCS/Ohio Valley Conference Lindenwood University.
    The Lindenwood high school Mega Camp is during early June, so expect to see many MVFC offers result from that, including the

https://247sports.com/player/jude-james-46134342/

Well, nobody can claim Entz and company aren't setting their sights high for early 2024 targets given the offer lists for these last few prospects bruin has posted about. I guess we'll see whether they can snag a few or if they're just wasting their effort.

EDIT: Another thing to note is in this day and age of mega-transfer activity having a recruit commit elsewhere can't immediately be written off as "wasted effort" since if they decide to transfer down the road the coaching staff already has somewhat of a relationship with them most likely and that could help them land some potential high quality transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison

New 2024 NDSU Offer

AustinLeibfried
    @AustinLeibfried

3⭐️ OT | C/O 2024 | Mount Horeb WI |Football/Basketball | 6'6" 255
    Mount Horeb, WI
    Recent offers for Austin Liebfried include Penn, SDSU, Western Michigan
    Austin Liebfried now offered by Indiana, Air Force

New 2024 NDSU Offer:

Henry sellards
    @HenrySellards

Glacier High School ‘24 | OT/DL, 1st team All State OT | Basketball, discus, All state shotput | 6’5” 270 lbs | 5.03 40 | 3.7 GPA http://hudl.com/v/2HiUCp
    Kalispell, MT
    Akron now offers. Previous offers include Griz, Cats

Coy Okeson
    @coy_okeson
    Wrestling and football | 6’6 | 280 | OL/DE | Bishop Ryan Catholic School | ND | 2024 | 3.8 GPA |

Early 2024 NDSU Offer
    Now offered by Wyoming. Also has an offer from Nebraska
    We need to land this guy but it’s going to be tough going up against Nebraska, hopefully he wants to stay close to home!

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    We need to land this guy but it’s going to be tough going up against Nebraska, hopefully he wants to stay close to home!
    Yes, I really hope so as well. Sellards, the Kalispell Mt kid will go to Griz, at least I'm betting. Most of those people in that area are no longer native and lean wwaaayyyyy left, which is right up the SanFranzoola standards. Not trying to be political, just pointing out what I think will happen.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    Either that or fully embrace it. Let recruits know that if you come here, you have a very real shot at a few things:
    1. Winning a national championship
    2. Getting a great education
    3. Having a path to the NFL
    4. Having a path to an FBS school

We can bitch and whine about the portal, but it's not going away.

So our options are to find kids who aren't good enough to transfer and hope that once we develop them that they don't transfer.
    -OR-
    Recruit the best of the best players and even higher tier players than we normally do with the promise that they have a real shot at contributing year 1 through 3 without the worry of being perpetually buried on the depth chart and give them a chance to shine. If that added shine they get from our spotlight attracts bigger schools, so be it, but the odds are that not ALL of them will transfer out and some may well see a better path to the NFL at NDSU than they would have had at a G5 school (It's not too uncommon in recent years to see our top player(s) get selected in the draft before ANY G5 schools). I realize this is a change to how things have been but I truly think that by doing this we have a shot at some big time HS recruits AND some very good FBS kids who for whatever reason got buried on their current schools depth chart and just want that moment in the spotlight.
    Skill players are the easiest to find in the portal and many are talented guys who are buried by depth. We need to focus locally on local guys to develop up front lines and the line backers. We need to realize we might lose top players every year but can easily backfill with quality guy out of the same portal including robbing D2 like FBS is doing to us.

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Yes, I really hope so as well. Sellards, the Kalispell Mt kid will go to Griz, at least I'm betting. Most of those people in that area are no longer native and lean wwaaayyyyy left, which is right up the SanFranzoola standards. Not trying to be political, just pointing out what I think will happen.
    I’m not as worried about Minnesota but maybe because when I was a kid I had zero desire to be a gopher. Nebraska would be a dream school for an upper Midwest kid.