Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Alcohol Sales at ND College Games

Default Re: Alcohol Sales at ND College Games

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Except for the part where everything is all the AD’s fault.
    Warranted or not, the AD is always the convenient scapegoat; but, whatever, "Sir, two Miller Lites please....."

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Warranted or not, the AD is always the convenient scapegoat; but, whatever, "Sir, two Miller Lites please....."
    By definition a blaming a scapegoat is unwarranted.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Really, was the Fargo Dome Authority ever the ones actually standing in the way of this happening though? Maybe the dynamic changed it’s been so long but it sure seemed like the issue, at least at the beginning was the University’s? Or am I misremembering?
    To your point I think there was a level of the Spiderman blame meme going on. FFD, City, University all pointing at the other two as the reason why it wasn't happening. But it was always going to have to start with NDSU expressing interest, IMO.

That being said, the Fargo Dome Authority are already the beer police. I once had one of the Dome SS hand me a solo cup to pour my can out into because they wanted to REDUCE littering. That blew my mind for a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Like stated, its a complicated process that involves a lot of pieces coming together. Looking forward to getting with the times, not looking forward to dome nazis new increased powers!
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    NDSU will probably make an extra 50-60 grand for the regular season + playoff games if the NCAA allows it. Remember most people have a budget so they may buy less water or soda. Even low end 50 grand is pretty significant. Thats 5 scholarships
    I agree, you are going to cannabalize the revenue from other items a bit...still should be a net positive, but not a 100% of all sales will be additive.

Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post
    I agree, you are going to cannabalize the revenue from other items a bit...still should be a net positive, but not a 100% of all sales will be additive.
    Also it will be a net positive for the Fargodome too, which is a positive. Bigger sales = Bigger surplus and more improvements

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    There is still time for them to add some swat teams and police dogs.
    Just need a Frisco cruiser replica as a decoy to lure them away from everyone else. Have it circle the dome but never park.