Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2023 Verbal: Jaiden Pickett

Default Re: 2023 Verbal: Jaiden Pickett

Have to admit, when I first saw this thread in the forum I thought it was Jada Pinkett (Smith). I thought to myself, now there is a person who is man enough to play for us.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Hope he stays with us. Looks like he has potential.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I just watched his senior highlight flick and while, yes, he's clearly the most athletic player for every play shown, it's hard to really evaluate given the low level of the other players in the video. For instance, several of his interceptions were uncontested ducks thrown by a desperate QB looking to get rid of the rock. Really hard to judge, IMO.

That said, I'd assume that those voting for him for the All State team would know more about him than me and must have seen more than what his videos show.
    Insert something clever here...

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    I just watched his senior highlight flick and while, yes, he's clearly the most athletic player for every play shown, it's hard to really evaluate given the low level of the other players in the video. For instance, several of his interceptions were uncontested ducks thrown by a desperate QB looking to get rid of the rock. Really hard to judge, IMO.

That said, I'd assume that those voting for him for the All State team would know more about him than me and must have seen more than what his videos show.
    With the proliferation of 7v7 and camps there are more opportunities for athletes at smaller schools to compete with and against athletes at larger schools. Recruiting and drafting are still educated guessing most of the time. There are many factors that go into a player succeeding or finding the right fit. Those who are the better educated guessers are the ones who win.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    With the proliferation of 7v7 and camps there are more opportunities for athletes at smaller schools to compete with and against athletes at larger schools. Recruiting and drafting are still educated guessing most of the time. There are many factors that go into a player succeeding or finding the right fit. Those who are the better educated guessers are the ones who win.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    Kind of off topic but I personally think the entire 7v7 industry is a joke. It completely misses some of the most important aspects of the actual game and as a result teaches many kids bad lessons about the so-called skill positions that they are trying to upgrade. I think the reason why it can look good at times is that generally there are more dedicated kids playing it so I don't think the level of play actually represents the true value (or lack thereof) that 7v7 actually gives kids. I'd rather send my kid to play lacrosse. Teach them similar toughness skills, keep them running, and help them battle any fear of contact that they might have.
    Insert something clever here...