Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff Culhane to FLORIDA STATE. congrats

Default Re: Jeff Culhane to FLORIDA STATE. congrats

Go find a star Nancy. don't settle on someone from around here.

ps congrats Jeff on becoming a father again last weekend
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

Has anyone heard any rumblings of who will replace Jeff? Or even what the plan is? Its tough to listen too without Jeff on there!

Civil06 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by eman View Post
    Has anyone heard any rumblings of who will replace Jeff? Or even what the plan is? Its tough to listen too without Jeff on there!
    Early word was a national search. Zach Staton's name had been brought up here. He resigned from WDAY but will be moving to Virginia, so he's out.
    "Rugby is a beastly game played by gentlemen; soccer is a gentleman's game played by beasts; football is a beastly game played by beasts."
    - Henry Blaha

Quote Originally Posted by eman View Post
    Not sure but they need someone to run 1660 and be the PBP guy. Makes it a little tougher. I was hoping for Brian Shawn if they don't do a national search

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

It's not always greener on the other side of the hill. Even in the old days, we took a guy named Ed Schultz who was from around here. So was Scotty Miller. And Culhane had roots in the midwest, so it's not like we got him from Jamaica.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Gotta Think Brian Shawn is on the short list. No idea how he is as a radio host but I didnt have any complaints with him on TV doing pbp.

But to dampen expectations, this is probably Keith Brakes position to lose. Already does the radio bit, already does pbp, and from my experience, he puts in a ton of effort prepping for his pbp games.

I just dont want him because of how much he hates the average person from ND. I don't expect everyone on tv or radio to go to my church or vote the same as me, but a radio guy should be able to talk about FCS college football without telling you that you're a terrible person because you disagree with him politically- and Keith brake is physically unable to do that. he is just far too important, brilliant, stunning, brave and moral to deprive us of his political takes during his analysis of Indiana state Sycamore offensive line depth.

I have no idea how Scotty miller voted. I have no idea about Kolpack or Culhane, or riekhoff. And thats the way it should be for sports personalities. But I know exactly how Keith and Dom vote lol. Pretty astonishing the balls it takes for someone who watches college FB for a living telling us country yokels how to live our lives because they have a degree in *checks notes... broadcast journalism.

Anyways, point is, I think it will be Keith Brake.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Gotta Think Brian Shawn is on the short list. No idea how he is as a radio host but I didnt have any complaints with him on TV doing pbp.

But to dampen expectations, this is probably Keith Brakes position to lose. Already does the radio bit, already does pbp, and from my experience, he puts in a ton of effort prepping for his pbp games.

I just dont want him because of how much he hates the average person from ND. I don't expect everyone on tv or radio to go to my church or vote the same as me, but a radio guy should be able to talk about FCS college football without telling you that you're a terrible person because you disagree with him politically- and Keith brake is physically unable to do that. he is just far too important, brilliant, stunning, brave and moral to deprive us of his political takes during his analysis of Indiana state Sycamore offensive line depth.

I have no idea how Scotty miller voted. I have no idea about Kolpack or Culhane, or riekhoff. And thats the way it should be for sports personalities. But I know exactly how Keith and Dom vote lol. Pretty astonishing the balls it takes for someone who watches college FB for a living telling us country yokels how to live our lives because they have a degree in *checks notes... broadcast journalism.

Anyways, point is, I think it will be Keith Brake.
    I agree. Don't know him at all but listening to his show from 4-6 is tough. With all his NERD tidbits on Dungeons and Dragon's and his cartoons are SUPER annoying!!!!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    I agree. Don't know him at all but listening to his show from 4-6 is tough. With all his NERD tidbits on Dungeons and Dragon's and his cartoons are SUPER annoying!!!!
    I agree, i sure hope its not Brake! he's like listening to nails on a chalkboard! Not much time before the first game, you would think they would have someone by now. Whoever it is needs to get familiarized with things, which scares me that it might be Brake!! Not a fan of Andy either he really says some dumb shit sometimes! I got the hint that even Jeff was annoyed with him at times during the show!

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    I have no idea how Scotty miller voted. I have no idea about Kolpack or Culhane, or riekhoff. And thats the way it should be for sports personalities. But I know exactly how Keith and Dom vote lol.
    Schlossman (he has a fan here somewhere) leaves no mystery either. Most guys are more vocal than they should be. Sports should be the escape.