Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff Culhane to FLORIDA STATE. congrats

Default Re: Jeff Culhane to FLORIDA STATE. congrats

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    It has nothing to do with "our" beliefs and has more to do with espousing any beliefs. The US is so polarized that most of us are just desperate for sports talk without the politics. I have no idea what Culhane or Kolpacks politics are. Izzo let's it slip by now and then but it is not the focus of his content so no big deal. Brake made it part of his show, and I haven't listened to him in 1.5 years.
    Try reading Kolpacks book, I put it down and never picked it up again
    To much políticas

Quote Originally Posted by bajadanny View Post
    Try reading Kolpacks book, I put it down and never picked it up again
    To much políticas
    which one he’s got at least three?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Radio is for boomers anyway it’s like the phone book except voices floating through the air.

Give it 3-5 years and it’s a dead medium bro.

Except ham radio that’s cool and after the next fake pandemic/rigged election it’s going to be the only way to stream info wars.
    Congrats for the most ignorant post of the year. 1660 wouldn't exist if people didn't listen to it, and advertisers know it. Ads won't fund media sources that don't reach people, and 1660 is amazingly successful.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    which one he’s got at least three?
    The one about politicas.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Radio is for boomers anyway it’s like the phone book except voices floating through the air.

Give it 3-5 years and it’s a dead medium bro.

Except ham radio that’s cool and after the next fake pandemic/rigged election it’s going to be the only way to stream info wars.
    Hahahaha nice. It just declared bankruptcy protection.

Jeff was great to NDSU. Keith was a nice guy but awful to listen too. Andy is awful, time for some new blood nationally or Kyle E takes it seriously & actually goes for it.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Bison View Post
    Hahahaha nice. It just declared bankruptcy protection.
    Less about number of listeners, more about escaping consequences of vile lies.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    It has nothing to do with "our" beliefs and has more to do with espousing any beliefs. The US is so polarized that most of us are just desperate for sports talk without the politics. I have no idea what Culhane or Kolpacks politics are. Izzo let's it slip by now and then but it is not the focus of his content so no big deal. Brake made it part of his show, and I haven't listened to him in 1.5 years.
    Correct. I want the Insiders to be a show about the Bison, not the bison with a heaping scoop of _______ propaganda. I'm not mad at McFeeley for being political, hes literally paid to be a political pot stirrer. Doesnt bother me at all!

Its always surprising (and not surprising at the same) that every time someone says that they want _____ form of entertainment to be politically agnostic (no political opinion at all), the other side starts screaming about "why are you bringing politics into this?!?!" when what we're really asking for is to get politics OUT of this. I dont give a Sh*t who you voted for, just dont tell me about it on your sports show, even if I agree with you! I dont want every form of entertainment to be a slightly different version of Fox or CNN. You dont want to have the republican Bison channel and the liberal Bison channel- lets just have the Bison channel, lol
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    That's interesting because I don't want them to be fans. I want them to be knowledgeable but deliver unbiased, honest info and insight on the program.

Being a fan or an employee tends to make for rather repetitive boring takes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Maybe “fan” is the wrong word. I think having a NDSU connection is what would bring value to 1660. I don’t think someone with a connection to NDSU would necessarily bring biased coverage or opinions. Keith still had some biased opinions and became a fan of NDSU. Does that mean it is a good think he is leaving because we couldn’t rely on him for unbiased opinions?

AKBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Maybe “fan” is the wrong word. I think having a NDSU connection is what would bring value to 1660. I don’t think someone with a connection to NDSU would necessarily bring biased coverage or opinions. Keith still had some biased opinions and became a fan of NDSU. Does that mean it is a good think he is leaving because we couldn’t rely on him for unbiased opinions?
    Regional connection is important as well. It certainly helped that Culhane grew up a Twins/Vikings fan and maintained his connections to the Nebraska radio crew. Speaking of that, maybe I'm in a minority here but I actually kind of enjoyed the occasional Husker football update. Our fan bases are similar and they are the closest historical P5 power. I also liked Jorgy's perspective and updates on the Montana schools as well.