Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff Culhane to FLORIDA STATE. congrats

Default Re: Jeff Culhane to FLORIDA STATE. congrats

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Which Fargo station does KB end up on Monday morning?
    KFGO, would get along great with big Joel!

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    His head was too big to not know he was going to get the job. Or maybe that premier ETSU job opened up. Honestly not going to miss his fake fandom, if he was really a NDSU fan he would have stayed. He can pretend to be a fan somewhere else. We need someone with some NDSU roots to take over the microphone, not these wannabe nobodies.
    I dont think we have ever had an announcer who was a fan. Scotty Miller was at UND. I think Shawn went to UND. Ed Schulz was a QB at Moorhead State and then he was an announcer for NDSU and UND. Culhane is from South Dakota. Jack Michaels may actually be a fan since he went to NDSU, but he is UNDs pxp guy. There are only 2 big time jobs in North Dakota.

Now i think most announcers become fans because they live and breathe it for years. Keith spent 6 years doing it and much more in depth than previous announcers. 6 years of radio shows, interviews, pre game, half time and post game shows. Interviews with every coach, not only on NDSU but most head coaches in the Valley. He knew his stuff

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I dont think we have ever had an announcer who was a fan. Scotty Miller was at UND. I think Shawn went to UND. Ed Schulz was a QB at Moorhead State and then he was an announcer for NDSU and UND. Culhane is from South Dakota. Jack Michaels may actually be a fan since he went to NDSU, but he is UNDs pxp guy. There are only 2 big time jobs in North Dakota.

Now i think most announcers become fans because they live and breathe it for years. Keith spent 6 years doing it and much more in depth than previous announcers. 6 years of radio shows, interviews, pre game, half time and post game shows. Interviews with every coach, not only on NDSU but most head coaches in the Valley. He knew his stuff
    You meant, Jeff C., right?
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Yeah the dude worked his ass off for NDSU. I know some people didn’t like him but I think it’s ridiculous to be dancing on the grave of a guy who worked so hard to help give NDSU literally the best radio coverage of any school in the country. I’d guess none of us here know the actual reason he quit, maybe he was told he was getting a pay cut to boot or getting double responsibility during the replacement search. “If he’s a fan he would’ve stayed” lol. It’s a business, obviously often a thankless one, and he’s gotta do what he’s gotta do.

I guess that’s what we do these days, find people who don’t align with our beliefs and then relish in their setbacks. Even when that setback affects us. I hope this doesn’t mean bad things for 1660…
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Yeah the dude worked his ass off for NDSU. I know some people didn’t like him but I think it’s ridiculous to be dancing on the grave of a guy who worked so hard to help give NDSU literally the best radio coverage of any school in the country. I’d guess none of us here know the actual reason he quit, maybe he was told he was getting a pay cut to boot or getting double responsibility during the replacement search. “If he’s a fan he would’ve stayed” lol. It’s a business, obviously often a thankless one, and he’s gotta do what he’s gotta do.

I guess that’s what we do these days, find people who don’t align with our beliefs and then relish in their setbacks. Even when that setback affects us. I hope this doesn’t mean bad things for 1660…
    It has nothing to do with "our" beliefs and has more to do with espousing any beliefs. The US is so polarized that most of us are just desperate for sports talk without the politics. I have no idea what Culhane or Kolpacks politics are. Izzo let's it slip by now and then but it is not the focus of his content so no big deal. Brake made it part of his show, and I haven't listened to him in 1.5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post

We willl never know but my uneducated guess says he was looking at this as a long term opportunity but Culhane left sooner than expected and before Keith was ready.
    Maybe he doesn't see a path soon enough. Obviously they wanted him to do an insane amount of work with a new guy coming in. But not getting the voice of the Bison job isn't a slight. Its a big time job. There are many big time guys with more experience than Keith that won't get it. Then again I could be way off and maybe they offered him and gave him a lowball offer. Maybe they didn't want him or the new guy wanted his own team. Maybe they wanted to change his radio show?

Either way I hope he stays in the industry

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Not saying the play by play guy needs to be a fan of NDSU but I would hope the guys running the talk shows are. If you think you are bigger than NDSU then see ya! NDSU made him just as relevant as his own doing. Seriously where else is he going to go? What other FCS school has their own radio station supported by enough listeners to make the station viable? Seriously don’t get the lack of loyalty. Good luck being a nobody!

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Not saying the play by play guy needs to be a fan of NDSU but I would hope the guys running the talk shows are. If you think you are bigger than NDSU then see ya! NDSU made him just as relevant as his own doing. Seriously where else is he going to go? What other FCS school has their own radio station supported by enough listeners to make the station viable? Seriously don’t get the lack of loyalty. Good luck being a nobody!
    That's interesting because I don't want them to be fans. I want them to be knowledgeable but deliver unbiased, honest info and insight on the program.

Being a fan or an employee tends to make for rather repetitive boring takes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Radio is for boomers anyway it’s like the phone book except voices floating through the air.

Give it 3-5 years and it’s a dead medium bro.

Except ham radio that’s cool and after the next fake pandemic/rigged election it’s going to be the only way to stream info wars.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Radio is for boomers anyway it’s like the phone book except voices floating through the air.

Give it 3-5 years and it’s a dead medium bro.

Except ham radio that’s cool and after the next fake pandemic/rigged election it’s going to be the only way to stream info wars.
    Not at all . TV is dead, except for LIVE sports. Radio is dead, except for LIVE sports. I think podcasts are simply replacing radio. Also with streaming apps, radio can now be broadcast anywhere in the world