Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff Culhane to FLORIDA STATE. congrats

Default Re: Jeff Culhane to FLORIDA STATE. congrats

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Culhane did a great job. He absolutely deserves this and will be big shoes to fill. That said, I will not miss trot in there baby. Never liked it...but that is a very, very minor thing.
    agree. at FSU he doesn't need a gimmick, he's made it! hope he realizes that.
    although with the Seminole he can use "and there is your DAGGER" and not be yelled at.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Culhane did a great job. He absolutely deserves this and will be big shoes to fill. That said, I will not miss trot in there baby. Never liked it...but that is a very, very minor thing.
    Amen. I hated it. I couldn't even figure out what he was saying the first dozen times he used it. Other than that...good stuff.

My favorite Culhane memory was when Sigurd brought a few band members to his house early in the morning (I think on his birthday) and woke him up by blasting their instruments into his bedroom.

"trot in there" what the hell did that mean ??? I attend all of the games so I don't listen to any radio broadcasts. Trot where? in the endzone???

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Totally disagree about the TV broadcast. WDAY>ND NBC. No more gimmick broadcast.

And I’ll take Izzy-Emanuel over Shawn-Timmerman.
    My point wasn’t that WDAY has a worse production than NBC. NBC was embarrassingly bad. WDAY is a huge step up. With Izzo calling games though I rather listen to it on the radio because Izzo is that bad.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Lived south of KC for several years during bison Pitt State rivalry. The radio guy (Eddie Lomshek) there’s td tagline was, “And Give Him 6”, in a high pitch, whiny, smug voice. It was his thing, and I remember it 25 years later, as I will with Culhane’s. Didn’t like either upon first hearing, but they grow on you, and are solid tags. I’m guessing Culhane’s is so ingrained, he can’t not utter it at FSU.

Here is Jeff's call on final play of our Iowa win.

https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url...acks/283369555

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    "trot in there" what the hell did that mean ??? I attend all of the games so I don't listen to any radio broadcasts. Trot where? in the endzone???
    Did that start at Iowa in '16? Maybe I'm not remembering correctly. I think Horns Up, (insert name) Down might have started there.

I'm no Bison fan, but I could listen to Culhane. He drew a great verbal image of the happenings.

I hereby offer NDSU grad Jack Michaels to you to replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    I'm no Bison fan, but I could listen to Culhane. He drew a great verbal image of the happenings.

I hereby offer NDSU grad Jack Michaels to you to replace him.
    Hard pass on JM, but I MIGHT take Heinert