Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Summit League Tournament

Default Re: 2022 Summit League Tournament

Did they change the bracket now where the team that won it's first two games (ORU this year) can't be knocked out with a single loss? I seem to recall the Bison getting burned by that quirk not too long ago and getting knocked out with a single loss to a team that they beat earlier in the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Did they change the bracket now where the team that won it's first two games (ORU this year) can't be knocked out with a single loss? I seem to recall the Bison getting burned by that quirk not too long ago and getting knocked out with a single loss to a team that they beat earlier in the tournament.
    The current bracket shows both championship games on Sunday. First one at 1:05pm, second one if necessary.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    The current bracket shows both championship games on Sunday. First one at 1:05pm, second one if necessary.
    Good! I think I might be mixing this up with the Little League World Series regional bracket that a Fargo team was in a few years ago where they lost to another team they had already beaten prior to that championship and were eliminated with the single loss.

Bison get out of the 7th, Omaha had bases loaded. 4-3 Omaha

Bison lose 5-3. Disappointing end to the season.

The 2022 Season ends for the Bison with a 5-3 loss to Omaha.

Mavericks: 5 runs on 12 hits with 1 error and 10 LOB
    NDSU Bison: 3 runs on 7 hits with 2 errors and 5 LOB

WP: Charlie Bell
    LP: Evan Sankey
    Save Harrison Kreiling
    Damn, I'm Good!

ORU wins the 2022 Summit League tournament with a 21-2 ass-whooping of Omaha. Most runs ever scored by the winner of the Championship game. The good news is that they will not have home field for the 2023 event. Regional assignment will come at 11:00 AM tomorrow.
    Damn, I'm Good!

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis was a Bison View Post
    ORU wins the 2022 Summit League tournament with a 21-2 ass-whooping of Omaha. Most runs ever scored by the winner of the Championship game. The good news is that they will not have home field for the 2023 event. Regional assignment will come at 11:00 AM tomorrow.
    ORU heading to College Station, TX with games against Aggies of Texas A and M. Will be interested in this regional.

Tough draw for ORU. Both A&M and TCU are salty. TCU is arguably best team in Big 12. SEC is stacked.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Tough draw for ORU. Both A&M and TCU are salty. TCU is arguably best team in Big 12. SEC is stacked.
    ORU loses to A&M 8-2.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013