Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Soccer Season Thread

Default Re: 2022 Soccer Season Thread

Today's match versus Utah Tech is going to be a good test for the Bison. The Trailblazers dropped their opening match 2-1 versus Colorado State.

Seriously. WTF has happened to this program?

Not exactly sure. I don't watch as many games as I used to but the one I did watch last year, versus St. Thomas, I think they should have lost, even though they won. From my perspective the team didn't look as quick or as strong as the Tommies.

There's a great environment, with great facilities, at NDSU and the team really should be doing better. Here's hoping that they turn things around today.
    Last edited by OCBison; 08-28-2022 at 11:04 AM.

2-0 win against Utah Tech. Hopefully the team is starting to gel. They still won't have much of a test for a while, but can work on finding the back of the net and build up some confidence.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

4-1 win over Chicago State today. Maybe they're building some momentum into conference play?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    4-1 win over Chicago State today. Maybe they're building some momentum into conference play?
    is Chicago state average in any sport? UST beat them too.

it'd be cool to have a good soccer team, isn't Denver like super good every year?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Let's hope so, they're undefeated after four games.

I think it's important to note that 19 of 22 field players have seen some level of action during the first four games and all three 'keepers have contributed. Hopefully Coach Regan is using these pre-season games to see which combinations work and by the time conference play starts they're firing on all cylinders.

Quote Originally Posted by OCBison View Post
    Let's hope so, they're undefeated after four games.

I think it's important to note that 19 of 22 field players have seen some level of action during the first four games and all three 'keepers have contributed. Hopefully Coach Regan is using these pre-season games to see which combinations work and by the time conference play starts they're firing on all cylinders.

Isn't it fairly typical for that many players to see minutes, especially in NCAA? Looking at last year there were 21 field players that started, with another 5 that saw playing time and all 3 GKs seeing 200+ minutes. The NCAA allowing 11 subs and being able to re-enter after being substituted makes the tactics a little different than under IFAB's 3 now 5 subs and no re-entry.

Next up- Wyoming at 5:00 PM tomorrow- game should be available from streaming on the MW network or https://themw.com/watch/?id=6311547928112

Wyoming has tied UND and Montana already this season, so it should be a bit of a measuring stick.

Northern Colorado will be the biggest test so far this season- game on ESPN+ 1:00 on Sunday.

Bison drop the game in Wyoming 3-1. Wyoming definitely looked the part of the better team with the Bison defense getting split and giving Wyoming plenty of room at the top of the box for unopposed shots. Good to see them still fighting after being down 3-0 and get a goal, but they were struggling out there to put anything together that consisted of more than 2 passes while attacking. If Barela for Wyoming had a quicker shot this one could have been really ugly.

Bison drop the game in Wyoming 3-1. Wyoming definitely looked the part of the better team with the Bison defense getting split and giving Wyoming plenty of room at the top of the box for unopposed shots. Good to see them still fighting after being down 3-0 and get a goal, but they were struggling out there to put anything together that consisted of more than 2 passes while attacking. If Barela for Wyoming had a quicker shot this one could have been really ugly.
    Thanks for the recap. I was wondering if the game getting away from them could just be attributed to a psychological collapse after the second goal, followed very quickly by conceding a penalty for the third goal, but it sounds like it was more than that.

And a 5-0 loss at Northern Colorado. 4 Golden Bears with goals, and an own goal for NDSU.

Hope they can make a nice home stand for the next two games. Both teams were ranked a little higher in RPI last year than UNC, so it should be a decent test. Maybe Josh Purdum gave UNC a little extra edge after coaching with Regan prior to this seasons.