Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Patterson enters the Portal

Default Re: Patterson enters the Portal

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Yeah and if I could run 2 seconds faster in the 100 I'd have gone to the Olympics.

He's not an NFL player. Period.
    He will get a minimum of a camp invite and I will put money on it. I am not even a gambler and I am that sure of it.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    He will get a minimum of a camp invite and I will put money on it. I am not even a gambler and I am that sure of it.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    At what position? He didn't seem like a burner to me so WR not in the question. He isn't going to get an invite for QB unfortunately. Great kid and I wish him all the luck in the world and you never know it could happen as Chris Board playing this long I wouldn't have guessed when he was a Junior or even a Senior.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    At what position? He didn't seem like a burner to me so WR not in the question. He isn't going to get an invite for QB unfortunately. Great kid and I wish him all the luck in the world and you never know it could happen as Chris Board playing this long I wouldn't have guessed when he was a Junior or even a Senior.
    Yeah, I'm not really sure the positional fit at the next level either. He seems like more of a TE than a WR since the NFL loves to put athletes like former college basketball players at TE but his hands sure didn't impress in the only time he had a chance to catch the ball last year (dropped what likely would've been a TD vs JMU). Maybe it's a Taysom Hill-like role??? He does have some unteachable characteristics like size, strength, and arm strength that might make him attractive to an NFL coach with a big ego that thinks he can teach him footwork, accuracy, etc.

not picked up yet
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yeah, I'm not really sure the positional fit at the next level either. He seems like more of a TE than a WR since the NFL loves to put athletes like former college basketball players at TE but his hands sure didn't impress in the only time he had a chance to catch the ball last year (dropped what likely would've been a TD vs JMU). Maybe it's a Taysom Hill-like role??? He does have some unteachable characteristics like size, strength, and arm strength that might make him attractive to an NFL coach with a big ego that thinks he can teach him footwork, accuracy, etc.
    Plus he's never blocked against competition of any skill level.

Sorry to his fans, but it ain't gonna happen.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

He's a running back, and has a very high ceiling there, and would likely get a shot at that spot as a camp guy at worst after last season. Another year of getting 10 carries a game plus some wildcat could easily get him a contract or better if he maintains his level of performance there. He has to prove his hands at a high level next year to get even a chance at wr/te though.

He will probably get a camp invite if he starts at QB somewhere next year and maintains performance, as some NFL team that likes to chuck it deep will take deep look.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    He's a running back, and has a very high ceiling there, and would likely get a shot at that spot as a camp guy at worst after last season. Another year of getting 10 carries a game plus some wildcat could easily get him a contract or better if he maintains his level of performance there. He has to prove his hands at a high level next year to get even a chance at wr/te though.

He will probably get a camp invite if he starts at QB somewhere next year and maintains performance, as some NFL team that likes to chuck it deep will take deep look.
    He doesn't like contact. He always said as much when asked and he showed it on the field. Not that he's afraid of it, just doesn't love violence like Luepke does.

When he gets going, he's fast as hell. But he needs to go untouched for 10 yards to start accelerating. No chance in hell he's an NFL running back. Or WR and probably not a tight end either. These are all positions he's never played in college and would be really difficult to learn in just a year to perform at the NFL level.

But it's okay, he's got free college, a great head on his shoulders and from judging how he conducts himself he's a great person. He'll be very successful in life, but not in the NFL.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    He doesn't like contact. He always said as much when asked and he showed it on the field. Not that he's afraid of it, just doesn't love violence like Luepke does.

When he gets going, he's fast as hell. But he needs to go untouched for 10 yards to start accelerating. No chance in hell he's an NFL running back. Or WR and probably not a tight end either. These are all positions he's never played in college and would be really difficult to learn in just a year to perform at the NFL level.

But it's okay, he's got free college, a great head on his shoulders and from judging how he conducts himself he's a great person. He'll be very successful in life, but not in the NFL.
    Shit he could run around waving a flag with a letter on it if he don't like contact bro! Cheer team for all you unintelligent fhawkers following along.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post

Completely based, and reasonable take alert. Mods, can we get this guy banned, pretty sure this is simply not allowed on this website
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

so what happens if no one picks him up? Is he allowed to come back to NDSU and play? I'm sure that would open up a whole mess though.