Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Patterson enters the Portal

Default Re: Patterson enters the Portal

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Best of luck to Quincy wherever he ends up.

Can the coaches just get back to trusting their recruiting process for HS QBs? I know it's tempting to bring in FBS QBs, but it hasn't worked. We seem to have a magic wand with developing QBs, so keep doing it.
    I don't what was hurt by bringing in Quincy. They had a big gap in QB room seniority between Zeb Noland and Cam Miller. Quincy won every game he started and was a beast running the ball as QB2 later in the season which contributed to a national title. I'd think knowing how it turned out the coaches would've still brought him in.

The transfer portal is going to be part of the game no matter what going forward, I hope the coaches use it and take advantage of what NDSU offers transferring student-athletes. Some transfer will work out and some won't but the same can be said for high school recruits.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The transfer portal is going to be part of the game no matter what going forward, I hope the coaches use it and take advantage of what NDSU offers transferring student-athletes. Some transfer will work out and some won't but the same can be said for high school recruits.
    One thing's for sure, however: some fan on this board will continue to bitch about it all the time and use it to make their other arguments regardless of any actual connection to reality.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I don't what was hurt by bringing in Quincy. They had a big gap in QB room seniority between Zeb Noland and Cam Miller. Quincy won every game he started and was a beast running the ball as QB2 later in the season which contributed to a national title. I'd think knowing how it turned out the coaches would've still brought him in.

I agree that in hindsight nothing was hurt by bringing in Zeb and Quincy. Trey leaving early messed up the QB room, but if Cam and/or Cole had transferred out, this place would have had a bigger meltdown than some of the gameday threads. Gabe would have started an NFL hall of fame thread for Quincy and who knows what EC8CH would have done. Thankfully, Bisonville didn't have to endure that.

Anyway, in Cam and Cole I trust!
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Good luck to QP, hope he finds what he is looking for and can make the pros. He was a real asset and team player.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    One thing's for sure, however: some fan on this board will continue to bitch about it all the time and use it to make their other arguments regardless of any actual connection to reality.
    You libtards sure stick together like 6th grade girls.

I agree that in hindsight nothing was hurt by bringing in Zeb and Quincy. Trey leaving early messed up the QB room, but if Cam and/or Cole had transferred out, this place would have had a bigger meltdown than some of the gameday threads. Gabe would have started an NFL hall of fame thread for Quincy and who knows what EC8CH would have done. Thankfully, Bisonville didn't have to endure that.

The QB schedule was fucked when Trey left. Quincy was undefeated as a starter and that gave Cam much needed time to develop. Cam in week 7 was obviously much better than he would have been in week 1. Entz talked about his progress in practice throughout the year.

Same could be said about Zeb. As bad as Cam was as a true freshman, he would have been even worse go start the spring season

In the end, we had 1 bad covid season that in hindsight was such a joke of a year, it doesn't even count in my books. I was listing to the Bison Report Podcast and they said they were so low on players, some coaches had to participate in drills. No joke

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Seems like a nice kid but wasn't good at the things needed to run an offense. Good luck to him.
    College of Business Alumnus

I would have anointed the holy calves with sented oils from the far east.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    You libtards sure stick together like 6th grade girls.
    Hey Karen how you doing
    TRUST THE PROCESS

reformedUNDfan is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    There is no shortage of speed in the NFL. Talent and mental toughness and mind set is whats going to separate you from the field.
    not at his size there isn't
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.