Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bison vs Miami Hurricanes

Default Re: Bison vs Miami Hurricanes

In the words of the Carpenters it's "Yesterday Once More", as 'Canes starter Karson Ligon (5-3, 3.79 ERA) hangs a zero on the Bison in the top of the first and the Hurricanes score six in the bottom of the first off Bison Starter Cade Feeney (5-2, 3.52 ERA) by sending 10 batters to the plate and getting 2 singles, a triple, and 3 homeruns. Miami 6 - Bison 0 after 1.
    Last edited by Elvis was a Bison; 05-07-2022 at 11:09 PM.
    Damn, I'm Good!

The Bison break the drought in the top of the second as Cadyn Schwabe singled, advanced on an error, and scored on a single by Brock Anderson. Feeney holds the Hurricanes scoreless in the bottom half and Miami leads 6-1 after 2 complete.
    Damn, I'm Good!

The Bison put runners on 2nd and 3rd with one out in the third but leave them stranded and Miami touches Feeney for 2 more runs in the home half before he gives way to reliever Joey Danielson (0-1, 3.86 ERA) with 2 out and runners on second and third. A walk loads the bases and a single drives in 2 more runs to close the book on Feeney at 10 runs on 12 hits. The Hurricanes again load the bases, but Danielson coaxes a fly ball to end the inning with Miami up 10-1.
    Damn, I'm Good!

Status quo until the bottom of the 7th. Danielson gives up a 2-run homer and is replaced on the hill by Caden Edwards (1-0, 3.86 ERA).
    Edwards is learning that what can go wrong, will go wrong, as a walk, a single, an error, a passed ball and a wild pitch equals 2 more runs giving Miami a 14-1 lead. It appears that they will not enforce the 10-run mercy rule, as Jordan Dubberly (2-0, 6.43 ERA) has come on to pitch the top of the 8th for the Hurricanes.

It ends after 8 and 1/2 with the Hurricanes winning 16-1.

Miami: 16 runs on 18 hits with 2 errors and 10 LOB
    Bison: 1 run on 8 hits with 1 error and 11 LOB

WP: Karson Ligon
    LP: Cade Feeney

One more chance against the Hurricanes tomorrow at 11:00 AM CDT
    Damn, I'm Good!

Any chance the Bison can go all Montana State and buy out this game?

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Any chance the Bison can go all Montana State and buy out this game?
    no shit. just let the boys go see the views at south beach all day, trust me, it'll be much better for their psyche.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Game 3 of the series underway and the Bison get a double by Druw Sackett off of Miami starter Alejandro Rosario (2-2, 7.53 ERA), but strand the runner in scoring position. Bison starter Evan Sankey (4-3, 4.32 ERA) retired the first to 'Canes batters before giving up a solo shot to Yohandy Morales, his team leading 10th of the year. After a single, the side is retired and the 1st ends with a 1-0 Miami lead.
    Damn, I'm Good!

Bison get 2in the top of the 4th as Charlie Hesse led off with a single and Simonsen followed with a homerun to center, while Sankey survived a mini-threat in the bottom half of the inning. Bison lead 2-1 after 4.
    Damn, I'm Good!

The Bison threaten by loading the bases in the top of the 5th, but Alex MacFarlane (3-1, 4.50 ERA) closes the door on the Bison.
    Tristen Roehrich (4-1, 2.91 ERA with 5 saves) in to pitch for the Bison in the bottom of the sixth and gave up 2 (one un-earned due to a Bison error) and the 'Canes take the lead 3-2.
    The Bison came back with 2 of their own in the top of the seventh on a single by Brock Andrson and a homerun by Druw Sackett off of Miami reliever JP Gates (1-0, 5.00 ERA), but the Hurricanes bring on Gage Ziehl (0-1, 3.70 ERA) to end the rally. Miami comes back with 3 in the bottom of the seventh on a 3 run homer by Yohandy Morales, his second of the game and 11th of the season, off of Roehrich. Miami - Bison 4 after 7.
    Damn, I'm Good!

Bison almost get it done and fall 6-4. This is why you don't assume things just cuz we got killed in the other games. It's baseball and our team is better than that.