Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Teh Portal Sucks up Scheierman

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Teh Portal Sucks up Scheierman

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Wonder who funds Creighton?
    Doesn’t seem like something Buffet & Munger would do.
    Small private school in the Omaha Metro? I'm sure there are plenty of suitors.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    Small private school in the Omaha Metro? I'm sure there are plenty of suitors.
    Creighton is well funded. Half the lawyers and doctors in Omaha are connected to Creighton.

CU is top 10 in bball attendance. Well funded program.

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Drop basketball completely both genders and get hockey for men and women, its faster, more fun to watch, has physical contact, and no dumb 30 minute endings for the last 2 minutes. I am tired of portal crap and not letting our best players play, tired of culture, tired of the press, tired of bad weather. GET HOCKEY NOW!!! NO TV CONTRACT BS, it will fill the area, guaranteed.
    Let's Go Bison!!!

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisoneer View Post
    Drop basketball completely both genders and get hockey for men and women, its faster, more fun to watch, has physical contact, and no dumb 30 minute endings for the last 2 minutes. I am tired of portal crap and not letting our best players play, tired of culture, tired of the press, tired of bad weather. GET HOCKEY NOW!!! NO TV CONTRACT BS, it will fill the area, guaranteed.
    The transfer portal applies to hockey as well. Lots of movement there too. Hockey would also cost significantly more money than what we currently spend on basketball.

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

oh someone posted it. good.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    The transfer portal applies to hockey as well. Lots of movement there too. Hockey would also cost significantly more money than what we currently spend on basketball.
    UND, Mankato, Duluth and others seem to do fine with hockey as a revenue generating sport.
    The problem is their bball teams are second rate citizens during that season.

I suspect NDSU would do well with hockey but would also end up being 2nd class citizens to UND.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by wcb_sas View Post
    UND, Mankato, Duluth and others seem to do fine with hockey as a revenue generating sport.
    The problem is their bball teams are second rate citizens during that season.

I suspect NDSU would do well with hockey but would also end up being 2nd class citizens to UND.
    All of those schools have done well competing on the ice but some have struggled with funding. SCSU cut football a few years back to preserve hockey. Mankato,Duluth, St. Cloud and Bemidji all play D2 in other sports which allows them to focus their money on hockey. NDSU would not have that luxury. Hockey would cost more than basketball does currently and would provide less national exposure than hockey. NDSU would be much better served upping the bb spending than trying to start hockey. Also the transfer portal exists for hockey as well and there has been an uptick in transfers for hockey because of it.

Fund women's hockey??? I'm reminded of the movie "Money Pit".........
    Last edited by southcliffbison; 05-10-2022 at 04:01 PM.

I'm pretty sure playing M and W basketball is the "thou shalt" of all NCAA levels.

The toss in dropping it would kill Chapo's dream ...

20.02.9 Football Bowl Subdivision Conference. A conference classified as a Football Bowl Subdivision conference shall be comprised of at least eight full Football Bowl Subdivision members that satisfy all bowl subdivision requirements. An institution shall be included as one of the eight full Football Bowl Subdivision members only if the institution participates in the conference schedule in at least six men's and eight women's conference-sponsored sports, including men's basketball and football and three women's team sports, including women's basketball. A conference-sponsored sport shall be a sport in which regular season and/or championship opportunities are provided, consistent with the minimum standards identified by the applicable NCAA sport committee for automatic qualification. (Adopted: 10/31/02 effective 8/1/05, Revised: 12/15/06)
    The notion of dropping hoop (anywhere) is a non-starter.