Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Should we reseat the FargoDome?

Default Re: Should we reseat the FargoDome?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    5% inflation per year is not the norm and even if it was ticket prices (not donations... just prices) for NDSU football have increased far beyond that. This has been the price progression for my season tickets (section 9 - south endzone):

2015: $155
    2016: $180 (16.1% increase)
    2017: $190 (5.6% increase)
    2018: $237 (24.7% increase)

Prices have hung flat since 2018 (although the mandatory Team Maker donation has went up). I don't have prices before that in my GoBiso order history but I'm pretty sure around 2007 when I first started getting season tickets the season ticket price was $90. So that's 163% appreciation in 15 years. There are other factors leading to decreased attendance but price is numero uno and it's completely possible the athletic admin is happy with that from a business perspective because they're making the same amount or more by selling fewer tickets. I think it would be saavy marketing to use that extra supply they now have to increase demand with promotional pricing.
    People will pay more than that for FBS games. But after seeing the long term prices you laid out, that is pretty steep

Throw in increased tailgating spots and I get it

People pay $50-200 for a concert ticket all the time. I'm confident if we had better competition, people would pay more for season tickets than they do now

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    People will pay more than that for FBS games. But after seeing the long term prices you laid out, that is pretty steep

Throw in increased tailgating spots and I get it

People pay $50-200 for a concert ticket all the time. I'm confident if we had better competition, people would pay more for season tickets than they do now
    100000000% I can't believe I just agreed with you!!!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    100%%%% Too many families with young kids who are priced out. That is the future of the fan base. They can't go because it's a $300 day just for tickets for a family of 5.
    This is part of it. I hear it from many families. They pick one game a year to take the kids to. I did not renew this year either. Reseating would get me back in the door.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    100000000% I can't believe I just agreed with you!!!
    Hey that's twice all time now!

But I still contend we need some major dome upgrades now because the bad experience of long ass waits, narrow concourses, bottlenecking lines, overloaded cell towers, no club seating, lack of bathrooms and shitty food is keeping casual fans away

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    This is part of it. I hear it from many families. They pick one game a year to take the kids to. I did not renew this year either. Reseating would get me back in the door.
    Check back with TM and the ticket office to see if they can get you in to seats that will make your price point. Explain that if they cant you will drop your tickets.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Hey that's twice all time now!

But I still contend we need some major dome upgrades now because the bad experience of long ass waits, narrow concourses, bottlenecking lines, overloaded cell towers, no club seating, lack of bathrooms and shitty food is keeping casual fans away
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I think a re-seating could work, but it would have to be something you opt into. Let's say there was a family of fuzzy yellow jacket wearing fans sitting in front of you, you might now want your kids to grow up thinking that was ok behavior, so you ask to be put into the (seating) transfer portal knowing you'd be placed in a similar section relative to field position and have roughly equal or better seats.

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    I think a re-seating could work, but it would have to be something you opt into. Let's say there was a family of fuzzy yellow jacket wearing fans sitting in front of you, you might now want your kids to grow up thinking that was ok behavior, so you ask to be put into the (seating) transfer portal knowing you'd be placed in a similar section relative to field position and have roughly equal or better seats.
    need a rowdy, stand til we score, booze sneaking in section!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    need a rowdy, stand til we score, booze sneaking in section!
    Don't go into section 20 then...

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]