Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we reseat the FargoDome?

Default Re: Should we reseat the FargoDome?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Until the address the root cause... slow unnecessary metal detectors and the concourse/bathroom issue, it's not going to get better. Playing teams we won't be up 30-0 at half-time might help
    I hope no genies read that last sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    The root cause of attendance being down is metal detectors? When I decided not to renew my season tickets this year metal detectors were not part of any of my decision.
    It's one of 4 things I listed. Never said it was the root cause. Lack off bathrooms, narrow concourses, long lines (metal detectors) and poor competition. Right around the time we got metal detectors, the lines got longer, people started bitching and it didn't help attendance. It's not only metal detectors, its' the inefficiency of getting people in the doors.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It's one of 4 things I listed. Never said it was the root cause. Lack off bathrooms, narrow concourses, long lines (metal detectors) and poor competition. Right around the time we got metal detectors, the lines got longer, people started bitching and it didn't help attendance. It's not only metal detectors, its' the inefficiency of getting people in the doors.
    I'm really starting to dislike how every thread gets hijacked with the same complaints. This one's about whether we should reseat, nothing else. I'm proposing that because lots of people haven't renewed tickets now's the perfect time to consolidate. Why they didn't renew already has too many threads.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    I'm really starting to dislike how every thread gets hijacked with the same complaints. This one's about whether we should reseat, nothing else. I'm proposing that because lots of people haven't renewed tickets now's the perfect time to consolidate. Why they didn't renew already has too many threads.
    People arent renewing so reseating will somehow resolve this? I dont get it.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Poor competition has more to do with it.

You dont like long lines to get in the door. Leave tailgate earlier and you wont have that problem. Yeah you might not get to slam that last beer down but its a solution.

If narrow concourses and waiting for a bathroom is a reason to stay home then stay home.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Ignoring the problem won't make it go away. The domes has a surplus fund that is larger than the cost to build the dome. And Matt Larson controls the metal detectors that have saved zero lives ever. They say they are listening but are they? They don't even ask the right questions

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

BISONBRI53 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Ignoring the problem won't make it go away. The domes has a surplus fund that is larger than the cost to build the dome. And Matt Larson controls the metal detectors that have saved zero lives ever. They say they are listening but are they? They don't even ask the right questions
    What are the right questions to ask then? We have all the answers here...
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    People arent renewing so reseating will somehow resolve this? I dont get it.
    Did you read the OP? Turning a bunch of singles and doubles scattered around the venue into blocks most definitely helps. It's my opinion that reseating into wet and dry sections is absolutely vital to getting beer sales. So there's one thing right there that people keep harping on as keeping fans away fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Poor competition has more to do with it.

You dont like long lines to get in the door. Leave tailgate earlier and you wont have that problem. Yeah you might not get to slam that last beer down but its a solution.

If narrow concourses and waiting for a bathroom is a reason to stay home then stay home.
    It's not keeping me away, but it is certainly keeping some casual fans away. People don't want to end tailgating early since its the highlight of the day for some people. They don't want to to piss their pants while waiting in a line. They don't want to miss a quarter of a game to buy a shitty hotdog . And they don't know the quirks of the dome like we do. I know exactly when to pee or grab food and when not to because I've been to probably 150 games

Matt Larson said on the radio the core 14-15k show up no matter what but its the last 4-5k we're having trouble with. 4k x $40 a game is 160k x 6 games = 960k

BISONBRI53 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It's not keeping me away, but it is certainly keeping some casual fans away. People don't want to end tailgating early since its the highlight of the day for some people. They don't want to to piss their pants while waiting in a line. They don't want to miss a quarter of a game to buy a shitty hotdog . And they don't know the quirks of the dome like we do. I know exactly when to pee or grab food and when not to because I've been to probably 150 games

Matt Larson said on the radio the core 14-15k show up no matter what but its the last 4-5k we're having trouble with. 4k x $40 a game is 160k x 6 games = 960k
    I think that core is starting to slide. I consider myself part of that core. Fiance and I are out... I know many others who were in the same boat before last year. I know more are out coming in to this year.
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]