Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Should we reseat the FargoDome?

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Should we reseat the FargoDome?

New seats would be nice, but I'd rather see that $5M come out of the Fargo dome surplus. In some ways it's a maintenance type item, and they are sitting on that cash. Asking people for a $1250 seat license seems tone deaf with inflation this year. If anything, prices should be lowered a bit. Plus a random mix of new/old seats throughout the dome would be an eyesore.

Even new stadiums like US Bank have crowded concourses and long lines for food, beer, restrooms and security screening. Ticket prices and games that are over before halftime are big reasons some people quit going to games.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Even new stadiums like US Bank have crowded concourses and long lines for food, beer, restrooms and security screening. Ticket prices and games that are over before halftime are big reasons some people quit going to games.
    Whether we drop down to D2 or join the SEC, we need these upgrades

Target Center is the same age as the Fargodome and they've had 2 major remodels and expansions

I went to a Twins game. 5 minute line to get in. No wait for the restrooms ans they even had a different door for entrance and exit, so no bottle necking. What a novel idea Short wait for food, but it's great food and your looking at the field while your waiting wirh TVs without a 20 second delay are there for all angles. Plenty of space in the concourse.

Although most stadiums have multiples levels with wider concourses. A huge dome crowd is Metrodome bad

basically the polar opposite of the dome and there were way more more people there. Plus free wifi
    Last edited by HerdBot; 04-27-2022 at 08:31 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Whether we drop down to D2 or join the SEC, we need these upgrades

Target Center is the same age as the Fargodome and they've had 2 major remodels and expansions

I went to a Twins game. 5 minute line to get in. No wait for the restrooms ans they even had a different door for entrance and exit, so no bottle necking. What a novel idea Short wait for food, but it's great food and your looking at the field while your waiting wirh TVs without a 20 second delay are there for all angles. Plenty of space in the concourse.

Although most stadiums have multiples levels with wider concourses. A huge dome crowd is Metrodome bad

basically the polar opposite of the dome and there were way more more people there. Plus free wifi
    How were the metal detectors at the Twins game?
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    How were the metal detectors at the Twins game?
    Nevermind that in his mind the ~$50M Dome reserve fund will build us an equivalent to the $550M Target Field. Which is also substantially cheaper than the necessary roofed stadium that NDSU football requires.

2011 was 11 years ago. You need to raise prices 5% a year just to keep up with inflation. Teammakers is making up the difference, and people will stop buying season tickets if you can just buy cheap seats and cut out the donations completely. Maybe cutting the price of nose bleeds would make sense though but season ticket prices need to go up
    5% inflation per year is not the norm and even if it was ticket prices (not donations... just prices) for NDSU football have increased far beyond that. This has been the price progression for my season tickets (section 9 - south endzone):

2015: $155
    2016: $180 (16.1% increase)
    2017: $190 (5.6% increase)
    2018: $237 (24.7% increase)

Prices have hung flat since 2018 (although the mandatory Team Maker donation has went up). I don't have prices before that in my GoBiso order history but I'm pretty sure around 2007 when I first started getting season tickets the season ticket price was $90. So that's 163% appreciation in 15 years. There are other factors leading to decreased attendance but price is numero uno and it's completely possible the athletic admin is happy with that from a business perspective because they're making the same amount or more by selling fewer tickets. I think it would be saavy marketing to use that extra supply they now have to increase demand with promotional pricing.

Answer Guy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    people see what they want to see.
    You’re saying I want to see you dressed like a transvestite?
    Teh Interwebs – a place you can say stuff.

It's weird, but so is standing in line for 45 minutes in -20 with no wind cover. I might be more agreeable with them if they widened the concourses and expanded the lobby out further so I could feel my face and toes. Then not have to wait in line to use the bathroom
    Youre as bad as chapo. JFC
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Youre as bad as chapo. JFC
    Right? The good thing about ticket-holder attrition is that I won’t have to wait in as long of lines for restrooms and concessions. The faint-of-heart, soft fans won’t be there.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Right? The good thing about ticket-holder attrition is that I won’t have to wait in as long of lines for restrooms and concessions. The faint-of-heart, soft fans won’t be there.
    I dont wait now.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."