Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
5% inflation per year is not the norm and even if it was ticket prices (not donations... just prices) for NDSU football have increased far beyond that. This has been the price progression for my season tickets (section 9 - south endzone):

2015: $155
2016: $180 (16.1% increase)
2017: $190 (5.6% increase)
2018: $237 (24.7% increase)

Prices have hung flat since 2018 (although the mandatory Team Maker donation has went up). I don't have prices before that in my GoBiso order history but I'm pretty sure around 2007 when I first started getting season tickets the season ticket price was $90. So that's 163% appreciation in 15 years. There are other factors leading to decreased attendance but price is numero uno and it's completely possible the athletic admin is happy with that from a business perspective because they're making the same amount or more by selling fewer tickets. I think it would be saavy marketing to use that extra supply they now have to increase demand with promotional pricing.
People will pay more than that for FBS games. But after seeing the long term prices you laid out, that is pretty steep

Throw in increased tailgating spots and I get it

People pay $50-200 for a concert ticket all the time. I'm confident if we had better competition, people would pay more for season tickets than they do now