Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we reseat the FargoDome?

Default Re: Should we reseat the FargoDome?

Granted I haven't been to a game in a while, missed both of the '21 seasons but I've never thought the metal detectors were a problem. Like PL said, go in a little earlier and we've found the south entrance is way quicker. Metal detectors are just a fact of life now.

The bigger problem is the opponents on the field. Opening weekend would work the best for our group but who the hell wants to see us play Drake? We're probably looking at NC A&T and that's not much better.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Granted I haven't been to a game in a while, missed both of the '21 seasons but I've never thought the metal detectors were a problem. Like PL said, go in a little earlier and we've found the south entrance is way quicker. Metal detectors are just a fact of life now.

The bigger problem is the opponents on the field. Opening weekend would work the best for our group but who the hell wants to see us play Drake? We're probably looking at NC A&T and that's not much better.
    Opponents are a huge deal, but we can't fix that.

I disagree on excessive security being a part of life. People being too agreeable to their masters lead to airport security doing body cavity checks. If we don't push back, the dome will start putting useless TSA people at the gates and making us go through those body scanners and removing our shoes. I say useless TSA because they've never caught anyone ever.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

I disagree on excessive security being a part of life. People being too agreeable to their masters lead to airport security doing body cavity checks. If we don't push back, the dome will start putting useless TSA people at the gates and making us go through those body scanners and removing our shoes. I say useless TSA because they've never caught anyone ever.
    Agreed. Many also said masks were now a fact of life too.....you push back, you can get rid of stupid policy.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

So if "we" can't fix the problem, we don't acknowledge it as the problem and come up with a new problem? We've got expensive tickets for bad opponents. I don't think the price is really the issue as when the opponent has been good, there has been no problem selling tickets at a higher price (although people always asked me if I had a pass to get through the TSA people quicker)*

*This discussion on here makes me think some couldn't pour water out of a boot with the instructions written on the heal.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Gabe, you sure pick some weird hills to die on.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    100%%%% Too many families with young kids who are priced out. That is the future of the fan base. They can't go because it's a $300 day just for tickets for a family of 5.
    Wonder if NDSU could adopt dynamic pricing like Arizona has to help fill the remaining seats. After a certain date, drop the pricing some for whatever tickets remain. Could bring in some of the fans that are more price sensitive. Or offer "family packs" of tickets for $150 with a free hotdog, etc.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Reseat the dome... This time add in an optional PSL with a twist. The blue chairs are absolutely hideous and need to go. I have no idea what the cost of a new stadium seat is but let's say it's $250. If you opt to become a member of the Gold Club, you pay a $1250 PSL and your seats are then switched out to the new gold ones before the begining of each season. This does 3 things. It gets rid of the ugly blue seats (eventually) and it would raise about 19 million dollars to help NDSU raise the funds to build a proper west side addition with suites that NDSU would now control the revenue from. It would also put a giant spotlight on the seat holders. What kind of self respecting season ticket holder wants to get caught in a blue seat?Furthermore. Would sec 23 be solid blue????

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    It's weird, but so is standing in line for 45 minutes in -20 with no wind cover. I might be more agreeable with them if they widened the concourses and expanded the lobby out further so I could feel my face and toes. Then not have to wait in line to use the bathroom

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    This is the same guy who spent months ranting how ending blue laws would result in the end of civilization because he would be "forced" to open his store before noon on Sunday. So it makes sense that he would be worked up that after spending 6.5 hours partying in a parking lot that the world would be ending if he had to spend an additional 20 minutes standing next to the parking lot.

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Reseat the dome... This time add in an optional PSL with a twist. The blue chairs are absolutely hideous and need to go. I have no idea what the cost of a new stadium seat is but let's say it's $250. If you opt to become a member of the Gold Club, you pay a $1250 PSL and your seats are then switched out to the new gold ones before the begining of each season. This does 3 things. It gets rid of the ugly blue seats (eventually) and it would raise about 19 million dollars to help NDSU raise the funds to build a proper west side addition with suites that NDSU would now control the revenue from. It would also put a giant spotlight on the seat holders. What kind of self respecting season ticket holder wants to get caught in a blue seat?Furthermore. Would sec 23 be solid blue????
    PSL in a multi purpose stadium gets tricky. The money would probably go to the FargoDome instead of Teammakers, and I'm not sold on that. If each seat is $250, that's almost $5M to redo all of them, and I can think of much better uses for that kind of money. There's lots of valid gripes about the Dome that are keeping people away, but I don't think seat color is one of them. PSLs have lost some court cases recently that makes them less valuable too.

In other news, I had another thought about metal detectors. I'm curious what the insurance company thinks of them. I'm guessing the premiums would be noticeably higher without them, and may even be a condition of coverage. Considering the most vocal critic of them on BV still has tickets and most people don't care, the insurance savings are probably a net benefit.

In other, other news, it's disturbing that certain people think that if you can't achieve perfection in one fell swoop then you shouldn't change anything at all. In the engineering world we have something called continuous improvement, which basically means improve what you can when you can, because any improvement is better than none. One of my favorite sayings is "Perfection is the enemy of good."