Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another one of my crazy ideas

Default Another one of my crazy ideas

Since most of the NDSU facilities are updated (ipf, softball, outdoor track, shac, etc), I was thinking "What could be our next major project?"

One of the worst things about the area around the Fargodome and all the sports complexes is the limited services.

Across the street from the dome, you have B Dubs but it is packed. For softball and the outdoor track, you have some basic concessions and restrooms but nothing impressive.

There is land to the north of the softball stadium that could be turned into a cool fan area like "Title Town" in Green Bay, but make it focused on all sports.

https://www.titletown.com/

You could have a large building and then connect the sledding hill to it like they have in Green Bay. Put an ice skating rink there. Outside your could lay down some turf so kids could throw around football or kick a soccer ball. For golf, you could do a miniature golf. For basketball, have an indoor and outdoor court. For football, you could have QB challenge games. A batting cage for baseball. One of those games that clocks how fast you are throwing. Maybe a game that times your 40. Throw in a playground or some kids games and it's the ultimate game day area for kids for all sports. And it's only a few blocks from all the sports facilities

Inside you could have a food market or food trucks like they are doing at the new Drekker. You could have a Bison fan museum. Tons of rest rooms and a place to stay warm during late season games. You could even do something like Drekker did and make it a hotel.

It would give families a reason to go to non revenue sport games like baseball, soccer, softball and track. Hosting Summit League tournaments would be epic. Football game days would be nuts. Fans would rent hotel rooms on game days and walk a few blocks to the stadium. Recruits could stay at the hotel. You would hook fans at a young age. It would be big time

To take it to the next level, work with the park district for year round programming. Put some bleachers on the side and the turf could be rented for youth sports or camps.

Maybe give the club teams like LaCrosse or Rugby a new home? How about moving soccer from Dacotah Field?

Thoughts? Private public partnership? NDSU Development? Teammakers?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Default Re: Another one of my crazy ideas

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Since most of the NDSU facilities are updated (ipf, softball, outdoor track, shac, etc), I was thinking "What could be our next major project?"

One of the worst things about the area around the Fargodome and all the sports complexes is the limited services.

Across the street from the dome, you have B Dubs but it is packed. For softball and the outdoor track, you have some basic concessions and restrooms but nothing impressive.

There is land to the north of the softball stadium that could be turned into a cool fan area like "Title Town" in Green Bay, but make it focused on all sports.

You could have a large building and then connect the sledding hill to it like they have in Green Bay. Put an ice skating rink there. Outside your could lay down some turf so kids could throw around football or kick a soccer ball. For golf, you could do a miniature golf. For basketball, have an indoor and outdoor court. For football, you could have QB challenge games. A batting cage for baseball. One of those games that clocks how fast you are throwing. Maybe a game that times your 40. Throw in a playground or some kids games and it's the ultimate game day area for kids for all sports. And it's only a few blocks from all the sports facilities

Inside you could have a food market or food trucks like they are doing at the new Drekker. You could have a Bison fan museum. Tons of rest rooms and a place to stay warm during late season games. You could even do something like Drekker did and make it a hotel.

It would give families a reason to go to non revenue sport games like baseball, soccer, softball and track. Hosting Summit League tournaments would be epic. Football game days would be nuts. Fans would rent hotel rooms on game days and walk a few blocks to the stadium. Recruits could stay at the hotel. You would hook fans at a young age. It would be big time

To take it to the next level, work with the park district for year round programming. Put some bleachers on the side and the turf could be rented for youth sports or camps.

Maybe give the club teams like LaCrosse or Rugby a new home? How about moving soccer from Dacotah Field?

Put your money where your mouth is? Be the tip of the spear?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Put your money where your mouth is? Be the tip of the spear?
    I wonder what something like that would cost. The Green Bay one was more of a district that included things like a Cabellas, a Power Sports Center like Sanford and then later a hotel, this would be more NDSU

Does anyone know who owns the Candlewood? Is it NDSU or private?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

The Packers spent 65 million back in 2016 for 2 buildings, the sliding hill, and the park.

The hotel was private. They put a 100k square foot team store connected to the Cabellas

I could see so many private businesses wanting to get involved in this. Sanford could do a Power Center. Park District could work out something for the public to use year round. NDSU development might see this as an opportunity to attract students at a young age or connect with alumni. Teammakers would have an opportunity to raise money. Athletics would have a huge branding opportunity.

A hotel would love to be within walking distance of the Newman Outdoor Field, The SHAC and all the sports complexes, including the Fargodome for not only for Bison games, but concerts and conventions.

The FM Convention and Visitors Bureau would love it

I bet the students might even support a student fee increas if they get something out of it

And fans of all Bison sports would be involved in fundraising, not only football

https://footballscoop.com/news/packe...l-skating-rink

It could be on the south or north side of 18th, where the Rugby Field is now

Screenshot_20220424-172030_Maps.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

Here's a hot take for ya..... I think you have a great idea.
    Just thinking in fantasyland here for a moment. But dont think tis crazy to say that Scheels has outgrown its current location... maybe they build around here, maybe even if it was just a team store outlet, get an apartment or two, a 50yd turf field, a couple sports bars (herd n horns moves or 2nd location, or something completely new), I'm certain you could woo a brewery to set up shop there, maybe have a gathering area for events and such. Of course it costs 10s maybe 100s of millions of dollars, but It think there is legitimate $$ to be made with an idea like this. It butts up right against tailgaiting, which is ideal for my wife and much younger children compared to trying to push a stroller through the lots and cut up hot dogs for your kids lol.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    But dont think tis crazy to say that Scheels has outgrown its current location... maybe they build around here, maybe even if it was just a team store outlet, get an apartment or two, a 50yd turf field, a couple sports bars (herd n horns moves or 2nd location, or something completely new),
    Scheels owns a chunk of land in the SW corner of I-29 and I-94. If they build a new store, that is where it will be.

533 In a row

Fargo will have a man-made sledding hill near 45th St where the Anderson Park fields used to be. https://epiccompaniesnd.com/property/eola/
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Scheels owns a chunk of land in the SW corner of I-29 and I-94. If they build a new store, that is where it will be.
    They own all of the land north of 23rd Ave S to I-94 and from 42nd St to I-29 which is about 4x the land the current store sits on.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Fargo will have a man-made sledding hill near 45th St where the Anderson Park fields used to be. https://epiccompaniesnd.com/property/eola/
    I was thinking, "Oh no, not "Mount Fargo 2.0: The Re-Subsidence" and then saw it was an engineered structure. Gotta say, that'd be cool.