Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bison vs Omaha Mavericks

Default Re: Bison vs Omaha Mavericks

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    question: why in the heck is the summit league baseball tourney in tulsa, oklahoma? How is the site for the tournament determined?
    The winner of the previous year's regular season hosts.

533 In a row

Thank you. RW I hope all the games get played this spring so that the conference's top finisher is not selected by a coin flip or a name out of a hat.

Shakey forecast for Sunday in Omaha has changed this weekend's schedule. Saturday's contest will now be a double-header, with Game 2 of the series at 1:00 PM and Game 3 at 4:00 PM.
    Starting pitchers for the first game of the twin bill will be Cade Feeney (4-1, 3.96 ERA) for the Bison and Charlie Bell (3-3, 2.50 ERA) for Omaha.

The Mavs get 2 singles in the first, but a double play makes the difference as Omaha fails to score. The Bison use a walk, a sac bunt, an error, and a sac fly to score and take a 1-0 lead after 1.

Omaha again gets 2 hits in the 2nd, but a strikeout and a groundout strand the runners at 1st and 2nd. The Bison get 1 hit but fail to advance the runner to end a scoreless 2nd.

The Mavs put one on base by way of an error but do no harm in the top of the 3rd and NDSU goes 1-2-3 in the bottom half. Still 1-0 Bison after 3.

The Bison escape a 1 out double by the Mavs and leave one on after a single in the bottom half.
    Damn, I'm Good!

Omaha is threatening in the 5th on a walk, a fielder's choice and a throwing error Feeney. Men on first and third with 1 down and Mike Boeve at the plate. The Summit League's leading hitter delivers with a run scoring single to tie the game at 1-1. That is followed by an RBI double and runners are on 2nd and 3rd before another single drives in the 3rd run of the inning. The 4th run scores on a sac fly. The bottom of the 5th begins with a single by Cadyn Schwabe followed by a single by Garrett Hill. Both runners move up on an error on a pick-off attempt, 2nd and 3rd no outs. After an infield pop-up, a strikeout, and another infield pop-up. The score after 5 innings is Mavs 4, Bison 1.
    Damn, I'm Good!

There will be a pitching change for the Bison to begin the 6th. Feeney is replaced by Wyatt Nelson (0-0), 4.38 ERA, who gives up 2 runs on 5 hits. Meanwhile, the Mavericks install a reliever for Bell, Joey Machado (4-2), 1.34 ERA. The Bison get a baserunner on a walk, but go quietly. 6-1 Omaha after 6
    Damn, I'm Good!

Nelson opens the 7th with a single, a walk, and another single to load the base with none out. A wild pitch and a sac fly score 2 more. An RBI single makes it 9-1 Mavs. The Bison with a mild threat but leave 2 in a scoreless bottom half. 9-1 Mavs.
    Damn, I'm Good!

Caden Edwards (0-0, 5.06 ERA) on to pitch for the Bison. A walk and a double give Omaha their 10th run, before the side is retired. Bison hit 3 balls in the air and we go to the 9th down 10-1
    Damn, I'm Good!

Into the 9th with the Bison facing their largest deficit of the year in the 25th game of the season. The Mavs put a runner on third with 2 outs by way of a double and a groundout but fail to score. Bison string together 3 singles and score a run, but game end 10-2 Mavs.

Omaha: 10 runs on 16 hit with 2 errors and 8 LOB
    Bison: 2 runs on 8 hits with 3 errors and 9 LOB

WP: Charlie Bell
    LP: Cade Feeney

3rd game of series will be a rubber match at about 4:45
    Damn, I'm Good!

So far in this series, the Maverick pitching staff has performed as advertised, keeping the league leading Bison hitters well under control, The Bison need to step it up at the plate if they want to hold on to 1st place in the Summit League standings.

The second game of today's double header has Evan Sankey (3-3, 5.44 ERA) starting on the hill for the Bison and Omaha countering with Mark Timmins (2-1, 2.77 ERA).

Sankey surrenders a 1 out single but strands the runner for a scoreless top of the 1st. Leadoff hitter Brock Anderson doubles to the RC gap and a groundout and a walk put runners on 1st and 2nd with one out and Logan Williams at the plate. He goes down swinging, and a flyball ends the inning with the Bison stranding two runners. 0-0 after 1 complete.

The second inning has both sides going 3 up and 3 down, and the third has a single by the Mavs erased by a caught stealing and the Bison getting a 2-out double by Druw Sackett followed by a groundout to end the inning and keep the game scoreless after 3.
    Damn, I'm Good!

The 4th begins with back-to-back singles by the Mavs. A passed ball by Busch with one out puts runners on 2nd and 3rd with one out. A groundout keeps the runners in place and Sankey gets out of trouble with a shallow flyball to left. Bison bats are under the control of Timmins as they go 1-2-3 to keep the score at 0-0.
    Damn, I'm Good!