Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bison vs Omaha Mavericks

Default Re: Bison vs Omaha Mavericks

Omaha gets a 1 out double and strands the runner in scoring position at second. Due up for the Bison are Cadyn Schwabe, Will Busch, and Calen Schwabe. Cadyn leads off with a single, Busch flied to right, Cadyn stole second and Calen lined out to short. Anderson grounds out to end the 5th inning.

The 6th inning for the Mavs has the heart of the order coming to the plate, but Sankey retires the side on 9 pitches. NDSU needs to figure out Timmins before time runs out on them and they waste a quality start by Sankey. Bison make good contact but are retired in order in the 6th. No runs scored with 2/3 of the game completed.
    Damn, I'm Good!

Sankey continues to throw strikes and the Mavs get a single a single and have a runner on 1st with 2 out. Another single puts runners on the corners. Jake Drew (1-0, 0.00 ERA and 5 saves) on to pitch for the Bison. Drew does his job with a come-back ground ball to end the rally. Timmins comes out to start the seventh with an 84 pitch count and promptly records his 6th strikeout. A groundout followed by a bunt single by Cadyn Schwabe, who puts himself in scoring position with his 13th stolen base of the season, and Will Busch breaks the ice with an RBI single. Bison 1, Mavericks 0 going into the 8th inning.
    Damn, I'm Good!

Top of the order to face Drew in the 8th. He retires the first 2 batters on six pitches and now faces Mike Boeve, who leads the Summit in several offensive categories. A big strikeout for Drew retires the side.
    Wyatt Sellers (2-0, 2.53 ERA) relaces Timmins (1 run on 5 hits, with 6 strikeouts and 1 walk) on the mound for Omaha. He will face 1-2-3 batters for the Bison. Brock Anderson adds some insurance with a homer to right, his 4th of the year, on a full count fastball. Sackett follows with a single to left, but Brookshaw grounds into a double play. A strikeout ends the inning, and the Bison are 3 outs away from another series win on the road. Bison 2 - Omaha 0
    Damn, I'm Good!

Mavericks go groundout, strikeout, and strikeout. Bison game win 2-0 and the series 2-1

Bison: 2 runs on 7 hits, with no errors and 5 LOB
    Omaha: 0 runs on 7 hits, with no errors and 6 LOB

WP: Jake Drew
    LP: Mark Timmins
    Damn, I'm Good!